Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Payoff

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:44 AM
rsofa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Payoff

I paid my bike off last month and got a letter from Harley I thought it was telling me I would
see thet title soon but it was a release that said the lein was paid in full and I had to go spend $20
to take their name off the title go figure!!!!! [:'(][:'(] (end of rant)

Old 03-20-2008, 08:47 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley Payoff

hmmm....didja consider that mebbe it's yer STATE that made it work that way? Most states require the REGISTERED OWNER to do the filing on the lien release...not the lien holder!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:53 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

I did but I have paid off a number of vehicles in the past and ALWAYS recieved the title within 6 weeks...Even the people at the Licenseing Dept.. weren't sure if they could do it they never had this happen before!!! Go Figure!
ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

hmmm....didja consider that mebbe it's yer STATE that made it work that way? Most states require the REGISTERED OWNER to do the filing on the lien release...not the lien holder!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck, you gotta quit usin' logic & reason! You're ruinin' a lot of poorly thought out rants!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM
dt20
Tourer

hmm i paid mine off from them and they sent me the title all i had to do was bring it to DMV to switch the name.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rsofa, The way your describing the lien, it sounds like you used something else a collateral instead of the bike to get the loan (such as a home). Check your contract. In N.J. we get the title after pay off and it's just stamped "loan paid". If we use, say a home we then have to get the load cleared first before the title is issued.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:34 AM
eglidetrike1
Road Master

I had a friend pay his bike off in 3 months and they hit him with a thousand dollar sir charge for paying it off early.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eglidetrike1

I had a friend pay his bike off in 3 months and they hit him with a thousand dollar sir charge for paying it off early.
Then it warn't via HD Finance, ah'm thinkin' - I looked at their contract when ah bought mine, an' there wuz no such penalty on theirs - others (especially tier-3 fc's) WILL do it. Ah opted ta go w/mah Credit Union simply because they offered mea 4% or so lowerAPR (ah do all mah bankin' with 'em).

Old 03-20-2008, 09:41 AM
kyote
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

In Wisconsin...all you have to do is send in the Lien Release with the Title to the DMV and they send you a new one.. no charge...

Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
jraven
Cruiser

paid off my pickup awhile back thru ford motor credit, they just sent the lien release. Been that way on everything I have ever had a loan on

Quick Reply: Harley Payoff