Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solo-Mustang or corbin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
oilhog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solo-Mustang or corbin?

I am ordering a solo with drivers backrest monday and I can't decide. I have talked to corbin and if you order it it's yours on the other hand mustang will take the seat back if you do not like it. I am 6'2" and 170lbs with a 36" inseam and the seat is going on an '07 roadglide. I had a hollywood solo on a fatboy and it was like a board so I am looking at the classic solo from corbin or the solo from mustang with the backrest. The corbin setup is going to be about $100 more. Any suggestions?

Old 03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
fishafly
Road Master
Default RE: solo-Mustang or corbin?

I can't imagine the Classic being any softer than the Hollywood, which is the solo seat I have. I like it for around town, but I did about 200 miles onit the other day and it started to feel a little stiff. I do likethe position it puts me in tho as I am 6'2" also. I've heard the Mustangs move you forward a bit, thats why I've shied away from them..

Old 03-21-2008, 11:05 AM
funbikerchick
Tourer

I have had both a Corbin seat and a Mustang seat (different bikes). I think you will be happy with whichever you choose. However, I have seen a number of quality control issues with Corbin seats reported on another forum in the past few years.

I found the Corbin more comfortable than the Mustang, but just barely. I am buying a new seat soon, and it will likely be a Mustang because of the quality control concerns.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:08 AM
jaystone
Road Captain

My wife and I both have Mustang seats and like them a lot. Was considering the Corbin, but price ultimately made my decision.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
captsam54
Road Master

Order the mustang thru Ronnie at Lewis Custom Cycles.877 633 3395 and get the best deal..!!
(I did and love mine..!! so does the girlfriend.)

Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM
mhud
Road Captain

After a lot of reading here I added the mustang solo with backrest and a bib to my 08 RG recently. I've only had a few 2-3 hour trips so far but it felt great. It really makes the bike look a lot more sporty too. I added the passenger for when I am two up. All for $600. Good luck in your choice.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
mhud
Road Captain

I 2nd Ronnie @ Lewis Cycle (google it); all the above for an even $600 including shipping. I ordered on Thursday, he called me on Monday to let me know he was shipping it even though his shop burned down over the weekend. He did not have insurance. He still cared enough about his customers to call me and ship my package on time as promised. If you need something give him a call.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:36 AM
captsam54
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mhud

I 2nd Ronnie @ Lewis Cycle (google it); all the above for an even $600 including shipping. I ordered on Thursday, he called me on Monday to let me know he was shipping it even though his shop burned down over the weekend. He did not have insurance. He still cared enough about his customers to call me and ship my package on time as promised. If you need something give him a call.
2nd motion for that..!!! Ronnie is a great guy to talk to and deal with. He will find you anything and get it to you no muss no fuss. And 99% of the time beats all others out.. The best way to do this is to find your best price etc. and then call him with that info website page etc... If he can beat it HE WILL..!!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

One of the first things I did with the bike was replace the stock seat with a Sundowner solo. I was married at the time and I had purchased two bikes just "knowing" I'd never have the need for two-up riding. Well, as time (and ex-wife) went by I found the need for riding two-up and I went with the Mustang solo with riders backrest along with the passenger pillion and backrest. I also am 6'2" and for me the seat actually moved me back and down a bit compared to the Sundowner. I also liked the fact that I could switch things around depending on how I wanted to ride (solo, tourpak, passenger backrest, etc.). of course I now find myself riding solo again (woman - whatcha gonna do?? LOL). One other reason I didn't go with Corbin other than the reviews I had read in regards to its stiffness was the fact the solo seat wouldn't work with the Harley solo tourpak quick-detach rack.

Brian

Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I am also 6'2 but i have the Solo made by C & C Seats and i just did 250 miles last week with no Issues

Quick Reply: solo-Mustang or corbin?