Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Classic Solo vs Dual Tour

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:11 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Corbin Classic Solo vs Dual Tour

I know that my wife and I both like the Corbin Dual Tour saddle because had one for years on a softail. Now I have a Road King Custom and would really like a solo saddle for local riding alone but with the touring passenger pillion for two up. Anyone have any experience comparing the two for comfort, especially for the passenger? Thanks.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts
Default RE: Corbin Classic Solo vs Dual Tour

no experience with the dual seat but i have the solo classic with backrest and touring pillion. the girl and i are very happy. many 500+ mile days and no complaints from either of us. feels hardwhen brand newthen all is good.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same set up you are talking about, Corbin Classic Solo with Corbin Touring passenger pillion and that is the way to go. When mama wants to ride bolt the pillion on (with soft rag underneath to keep it from possibly scratching rear fender) and then when mama's not riding I can go solo and have a nice clean look to the bike. If you go that route you can have the best of both worlds.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I also have the solo on my RK, because I like the look and the ol' lady doesn't ride that much anymore. I can put her touring pad on in minutes and with the detachable tour pak your ready to go. I also like the tour pak solo riding, puts the weight more on the rear wheel. Course, if you really like solo, ride this below.

[IMG]local://upfiles/56749/13815FE499924978B6A90C348F9F6343.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i got a dual tour...wish i'd gone that route....mama dont care for the corbin so she sits on an airhawk....i do have a c&c solo w backrest i like tho

Old 03-28-2008, 02:16 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the solo and pillion from Corbin. Just wanted to make sure it was as comfy for the passenger as the Dual Tour. The rider is a hardazz so that's not as important.

Smokindave, who makes that seat? I like it.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:50 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a DT a while ago. It was really comfortable for me. Passenger didn't like it so much (even with a backrest). I also bought a 2004 RK Custom and went with the Classic Solo and pillion. When it's all together, it almost looks identical to the DT. However, my faithful passenger loves the pillion. She swears it is so much better than the DT. I can't really tell a difference, but then again, I don't sit on it for hours on end. And I can pull off the pillion in about 30 seconds and have the "solo look." I love it. I also have the corbin rider backrest for the solo trips and it is wonderful! Oh, and I use the HD passenger backrest, not a Corbin.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54199/34D439D49F804E4498F955A31113E2C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2008, 04:31 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

That is the same set up that I will probably end up with. Which Corbin rider backrest do you use? I am thinking about the oval for coolness in the southwest summer but am not sure about the look. Mine will be going on a RK Custom also.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer

The oval one. Kind of looks like one of those hemmoroid pads, but it sure is comfy. The height is not adjustable, but it is front-to-back.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54199/BFE0B4AC30884BB0A5B1044BF650D92F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 PM
SCRider
Cruiser

I ride about 10,000 miles a year on my Road King Custom and went with the Corbin Classic solo saddle along with the larger matching touring rear pillion. My wife loves the new rear seat. I love the fact that when my wife is not riding with me(which is most of the time) I have the cleaner solo look.

Quick Reply: Corbin Classic Solo vs Dual Tour