Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinstripe or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Bluerose
Default Pinstripe or wait?

With Hubby getting a new bike I guess I'll be waiting on my paint job.

Should I see if I can get some pinstriping to my liking or just leave it alone until I can afford the paint job.

Not sure i have ever seen pinstriped flowers before[&:]

Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM
SoCalFXSTI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pinstripe or wait?

I think at least a blue rose is in order! [/align]Did you ever find a seat person? Vidal's in Sunland is awesome. [/align] [/align][/align]http://www.vidalscustomseats.com/[/align][/align]He is great to work with, a true craftsman- does the memory foam. Check the seat on my RG in the sig pic.Sorry did mean to hijack, just wanted to pass the info on. [/align][/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: SoCalFXSTI

I think at least a blue rose is in order! [/align]Did you ever find a seat person? Vidal's in Sunland is awesome. [/align] [/align][/align]http://www.vidalscustomseats.com/[/align][/align]He is great to work with, a true craftsman- does the memory foam. Check the seat on my RG in the sig pic.Sorry did mean to hijack, just wanted to pass the info on. [/align][/align]
Heading down to C&C Seatstomorrow morning...they are gonna work with me on the seat.

I've been looking for some pictures of pinstriped flowers but can't find any[:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always loved a good pinstriping job. They can really accent a bike, car or truck for that matter. I'd draw some designes on some blank photos printed on plain paper to see if you can come up with a basic design... or pick from examples of a good painter of pinstrips.

You maybe more satisfied with pinstripes and not want to paint! I've found that some really good stripers are worth what you pay for, so don't go on the cheap. Look at plenty of their work and even talk to others that have had some of the work done.

If you don't plan it, you may have to paint sooner then you want if your dissatisfied...

Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Bluerose

I'm thinking of some way to incorporate the current pinstriping well....

Old 04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
SoCalFXSTI
Tourer

BlueRose,[/align][/align]Give Gary Berg a call 805 496 4600- he is in T.O....He has done work on a few of our bikes and Hot rods. Along the line of Von Dutch style, but he might be able to put your thought or ideas into a one of a kind design. Good luck with the seat. [/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Born2cure
Road Captain

Evening BlueRose:
If you plan on Sturgis this year set up an appointment with scarecrow, he'll be there all week. He has done a couple of bikes for me work is excellent.
check out his site. http://www.scarecrowart.com/. The pinstripe makes it your own!
John

Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to do the pinstriping thing. I just decided to airbrush the fairing. Just don't like the pinstriping look.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:08 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Born2cure

Evening BlueRose:
If you plan on Sturgis this year set up an appointment with scarecrow, he'll be there all week. He has done a couple of bikes for me work is excellent.
check out his site. http://www.scarecrowart.com/. The pinstripe makes it your own!
John
Wow, his worklooks fantastic!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

With Hubby getting a new bike I guess I'll be waiting on my paint job.

Should I see if I can get some pinstriping to my liking or just leave it alone until I can afford the paint job.

Not sure i have ever seen pinstriped flowers before[&:]

I din't know exactly what you are looking for but I had mine done and did the color match thing and I like it but thats just me....

Quick Reply: Pinstripe or wait?