Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Pig Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
roadking1221
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Pig Pipes

I have an '05 RK with Stage 1 and Screaming Eagle EFI race tuner, and Screaming Eagle slip-ons. I would like to get something with more of a louder, throatier rumble. I was considering Samson rolled thunder and just recently someone told me to check out the Wild Pig slip-ons. Any thoughts on one vs. the other? Does anyone have the WP's on their bike that could shed some light on your satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Also, on the WP's what is the best size baffle to go with?

Old 04-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Fixxer
Advanced
Default RE: Wild Pig Pipes

I recently installed the Wild Pigs with the stock 1 3/4" baffle on my 08 RG. Everything else is stock. Bike runs and sounds great. The Wild Pigs sound pretty deep, IMO. For me, I think the 1 3/4" baffle is the way to go. Sounds better than my friend's fishtails, and right on par with another friends 2-1 set-up. (Vance & Hines)
I know you mentioned Samson in your post. I had a set of Silver Bullet slip-ons on my 03 RK. IMO, they sounded weak, high-pitched, and "tinny". Never tried the SE slip ons.
Like others here have mentioned, the WPs are the best sounding slip on for the money. I got mine shipped to Hawaii for around $200. The chrome is pretty decent, too.

I guess to answer your question: I'm 100% satisfied with the WPs. Yes, they are loud and throaty. For me, the 1 3/4" baffle is plenty. And yes, you should buy them.

Steve

Old 04-06-2008, 12:27 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love the look and size (4 inch+) of the bassani slash down slip ons but am a little concerned that they may be too loud?..sure look good tho

Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have SAMSOM they started out on my '01 RKC till I changed them out for Rineharts TD - So when I bought home my '07 RG I put the SAMSON's on it... Samson Customer Service SUCKS but I like the sound they produce!!!
Seen and have heard WP & Cycle Shack - and they sound OK and there price is right... I wouldn't buy any exhaust until I heard them - Get your ears out to a Twin V function (Poker Run\Bike Nite\Rally) Too many people buy the wrong ones the first time..... What sounds good to one will never be right for everyone!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 12:43 PM
ELGOLD
Cruiser

I'm really pleased with mine. They are very inexpensive and provide all the sound I wanted. They're not the way to go if you're looking to make your presence known to your neighbours a block away, but I guess it depends on your intent. Yesterday I met up with a friend who just sold his bike with some fancied out setup and he heard my bike and thought the sound was not there for him. But after he told me that "when I start my bike - the neighbours come out of the house", I knew where he was coming from.
The Wild Pigs are a great product, I have the 1-1/2" baffles in mine, very pleased. Likely the 1-3/4 will give more rumble yet but I didn't want to go too much above stock.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
mdtpr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wild Pigs +1 Love mine

Old 04-06-2008, 01:38 PM
sunnenman
Cruiser

I just put some on and love the sound. Purchased the 1 3/4 baffle. My bike now pops on decel when the bike is warmed up. Do I have to buy a fuel management system now? I have a 2000 roadking police efi with a stage one installed. Any help would be appreciated.
sunnenman

Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Fixxer
Advanced

sunneman,

If you have the WPs and a AC on your bike, you will need some sort of fuel management system or download. Too much air going in and out for the ECM to adjust for.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:06 PM
sunnenman
Cruiser

Thanks Fixxer,
Money is tight now. How do I get the best bang for the buck?
sunnenman

Old 04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Fixxer
Advanced

sunneman,

If you don't plan on modifying your engine any further, the cheapest route may be the Stage 1 download from the dealer. Do a search here, you'll find many varying opinions on this method.
Two of my riding partners went this route with their 07s, (Dyna and Softtail) with very good results. (No popping, sputtering, etc...) The dealership here charges about $115 for the download.
There are other methods out there concerning fuel management, but the download may be ok if you're done modding the motor.

Quick Reply: Wild Pig Pipes