Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart or Vance & Hines

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
hawkeye85
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart or Vance & Hines

Got a 2009 road king. Want to get new exhaust and wasnt sure if anyone knows if rinhart has come out with true duals for them yet or if a guy has to get diffrent brand headers with rinehart slip ons. Another question i had was thinking about putting V&H dresser duals on or power duals and then putting rinhart slips on them headers. Has any one tried this and hows it sound? Also from what i think or read rinharts mufflers better sounding and louder then v&h monster ovals? Any input would help Thanks!

Last edited by hawkeye85; 04-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 PM
The_Nothing_Man
Cruiser

I have Rinehart slip-on's. Thought they were louder than V&H.
Good Luck with your choice.

Attached Thumbnails Rinehart or Vance & Hines-09rkc.jpg  
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran my V&H classic slip-ons for 2 years before I finally replaced the head pipes with V&H True Duals. Wish I'd done it sooner.

I shopped around and was able to listen to both Rinehart TD's sitting directly next to a bike with V&H TD's + classics. I chose the setup that sounded best to me.

I posted a quick vid-shot of them up on youtube (it was a windy day when I shot it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFA8jeGGHM

Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM
americanthunder
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rinehart slip-ons are awesome. Sound just like true duals and I have read on the forum that true duals are not what they are cracked up to be. A great sounding pipe with no tuning needed was a no brainer for me!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
roadWorrier
Advanced

re "if anyone knows if rinhart has come out with true duals for them yet "

yea, does anyone have info on whether Rinehart will come out with TD and 2:1 for 2009 FLHR?
I too have been waiting around to buy the 2:1. I understand the frame is different this year for this bike. I just don't know what to make of it when I see D&D, and then Bub, come out with pipes for 2009 FLHR. And apparently Bub makes Rinehart for HD??
But nobody I know or have contacted has any idea when or IF there will be RH for this bike. Anyone out there know anything?
Thanks.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 PM
hawkeye85
Tourer

what i was thinking about doing was putting on v&h dresser duals with rineharts slip ons but wasnt sure if anyone else here has done this and how it soulds

Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
m3breecer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will say this installed bub 7s today and im very impressed for the money and the sound i cant tell hardly any diffrents in them an Rineharts an the tips on the bubs wont turn. Got my buddy with a 09 after hereing them thinking about changing out the monster ovals..

Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkeye85
what i was thinking about doing was putting on v&h dresser duals with rineharts slip ons but wasnt sure if anyone else here has done this and how it soulds
That is exactly the set up I have. IMO the V&H head pipes look and fit better than the rineharts.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
hawkeye85
Tourer

Originally Posted by ripper43
That is exactly the set up I have. IMO the V&H head pipes look and fit better than the rineharts.
you have the true duals correct? i was looking at doing the dresser duals which they said if i read the site correctly i still true dual but pipe still goes normal route under the frame and away from the passenger legs.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkeye85
you have the true duals correct? i was looking at doing the dresser duals which they said if i read the site correctly i still true dual but pipe still goes normal route under the frame and away from the passenger legs.
You are correct.

Quick Reply: Rinehart or Vance & Hines