Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

information needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
RLFINCH
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default information needed!

this question has probably been discussed here hundreds of times but i,m just now facing it.I,m getting ready to purchase either a power commander or a race tuner from harley.I'd like to hear some feed back on which one will work the best.and ifeither will help cooooool this thing down.............harley offers 2 , the standard screaming eagle race tuner,and one their calling a super tuner .ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED>>>>THANKS

Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: information needed!

Need more info.What are you doing to bike?Future upgrades?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,946 Likes on 1,705 Posts

Well, depends. PCIII stays with the bike like a modem. SERT does not. SERT has more parameters for tuning. PCIII is cheaper. PCIII can be sent to you premapped. Depends on what mods you're doing, etc.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dawg

Well, depends. PCIII stays with the bike like a modem. SERT does not. SERT has more parameters for tuning. PCIII is cheaper. PCIII can be sent to you premapped. Depends on what mods you're doing, etc.
[sm=exactly.gif]I went with the SERT and it does just fine..."D"

Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
RLFINCH
Novice

I've already added stage 1 a/c ,se slipons [have not added true duals],and had the dealer do a remap.but it still gets so hotttt you can't set down at a red light.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

If you arent going to do any further upgrades(cam etc) there are lots of options.I use a techlusion fuel management system which you can install and tune yourself and get good results.The power cammander and race tuner both are for bigger upgrades in my mind(cams,bigger engine etc)and probably need dyno time to set up right.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:39 PM
RLFINCH
Novice

THANKS,where can I get a techlusion fuel management system.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: RLFINCH

this question has probably been discussed here hundreds of times but i,m just now facing it. I,m getting ready to purchase either a power commander or a race tuner from harley.I'd like to hear some feed back on which one will work the best.and if either will help cooooool this thing down.............harley offers 2 , the standard screaming eagle race tuner,and one their calling a super tuner .ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED>>>>THANKS
I had a PCIII and switched to a SERT. If you want to "set it and forget it", get a SERT and have your bike dyno tuned. No guessing and no messing with it after that. If you search, many of the DIY fuel management systems require tweaking to eliminate issues like popping. I'm very happy with the way my bike runs with the SERT. Of course, I have Latus Motors to do the dyno and they are probably the best tuner in the industry. Also, with the SERT, you have nothing added to your bike that can fail on you in the future.

I would do some research on this before i bought anything. You will find out that the only downside of a SERT is that it requires most people to get a dyno tune. If you make future changes to the engine . . . back to the dyno you go. That means more $$$.

I found my SERT on ebay for a good price at around $260. I got the "G". The letter denotes the latest software that's included. I did read that SERTs are being sold without software which is fine if you are taking the bike to a dyno. The tuner will have all the software they need.

Hope this makes sense and doesn't muddy the water too much for you.

Steve

Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I would pick the SERT because it's one less thing to have to put on the bike. With a PC you have cables and a control unit to deal with.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
RLFINCH
Novice

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Quick Reply: information needed!