Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king custom lower seat height

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Mark98012
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Road king custom lower seat height

Another angle

[IMG]local://upfiles/20172/0CF064F3F92745008BB5A91B82659258.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2008, 04:30 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I would definately talk to Alan at www.meancitycycles.com , or PM his name on the forum, BadX. I have never read a complaint about his work. I love the look of my stock rk custom seat, but need it to be a bit more comfortable. Before I send it off to Alan, I need a solo so I can continue to ride. I also am in need of a backrest, since mine got her own bike, LOL. The HD is fine, and most seem ok wit it, although I hear ot pushes you forward, which might actually work for you, but with me being 6'1" and 300 lbs, moving forward is not an option. I read on here a couple of days ago about the utopia backrest ( http://www.utpr.com/). I checked it out, and I actually like the looks of it better. I emailed him, and he said he hadn't done a seatn for a rk custom, but if I sent him some pics, he could figure it out. And, the price is not bad. I think if I do not get a solo seat with a backrest (which I would use most of the time riding solo), then I will try out this backrest, and have Alan work my seat... just a thought.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

here's another option:

got this c&c fastback (www.ccseats.com) for the wife and she loves it. sits lower than stock, and has 7" of lumbar support. they offer them now with the option of adding a back rest if you want.

oh, this is on road king custom as well.

(don't mind the junk in the background, i would rather ride than clean the garage.....)

[IMG]local://upfiles/23224/CC7CE6BFDED84455922F1BA33D9606DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Cristen
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband has a 2007 RK Custom with the Sundowner seat. He's 6 foot 4 inches tall, and he loves the seat compared to the stock seat. Good luck!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Lower the front forks with the h-d 1 inch lowering kit, while your at it get the fork lowers chromed too. The bike will handle a little better, made it alright for me.
Being of average hight and short of inseam.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
flhrs07
Intermediate

+1 for lowering the front, handles great, i can reach the ground better too.

I would like to hear more feedback or see more pics of the C&C FASTBACK. I have seriously been considering this seat. Wasnt sure if you sit lower and narrows the legs, I also hear it sits you back a bit.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
msgtarmor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now there's something I never thought of, lower the front forks! AND you lowered the rear?! How does the bike handle with both ends lowered? Draggin in the corners?Are you still using the stock shocks? I've read where some will replace the air shocks with the normal style shocks (same length).
I'm a meager 5'7" and as mentioned earlier "shortof inseam"!
Thanks for all your responses.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

I love my Sundowner but it does put you up another 1/2". If you lowered the front and went with a sundowner it would be about the same as you are with the stock seat.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:06 AM
testifer
Road Master

mustang touring seats i believe will lower you about an inch, and give u back support...not to mention you can go all day in the saddle.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

The problem isn't the seat height, its the seat width. When you combine lowering the seat and narrowing the seat this gets the optimal results for those vertiacally challenged. Ijust did a RK Custom seat for a lady 5' tall & 95lbs from Texas, she called last week telling me Ijustmade her spend over $3k. When I askedhow did I do that she saidshe is now able to ride the bike and had to buy Rineharts, Protuner and a assortment of other goodies because she likes the RKbetter than her Heritage now(She won the RK lastyear in a give away at her local stealer) Nothing against Rich's or anybody else out there who does this type of work butfor the money youaren't going to beat us.You would be looking at $40-90 plusshipping cost vs. $400+

Quick Reply: Road king custom lower seat height