Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king custom lower seat height

Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM
flhrs07
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road king custom lower seat height

The bike handles much more nimbly, able to "flick" it around much easier. Havnt dragged yet, I used to drag now Im just more concious about it maybe....it is not horible having the front and rear lowered, put it this way, I wouldnt go back.

Stock shocks used in rear, Progessive1" lower front, and TJ bracket lowered rear an inch.

I still would like a different seat, I agree with Mean City that the seat fits too WIDE, so a narrow seat that sat a little lower would be perfect. I would liketo see some Pics of the MEAN CITY seat on a RK Custom.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:03 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: flhrs07

The bike handles much more nimbly, able to "flick" it around much easier. Havnt dragged yet, I used to drag now Im just more concious about it maybe....it is not horible having the front and rear lowered, put it this way, I wouldnt go back.

Stock shocks used in rear, Progessive 1" lower front, and TJ bracket lowered rear an inch.

I still would like a different seat, I agree with Mean City that the seat fits too WIDE, so a narrow seat that sat a little lower would be perfect. I would like to see some Pics of the MEAN CITY seat on a RK Custom.
I thought I had a RK Custom on the customer rides page but I didn't see one. Honestly though the seat will look pretty much like a stock seat looks.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:14 PM
msgtarmor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BadX

The problem isn't the seat height, its the seat width. When you combine lowering the seat and narrowing the seat this gets the optimal results for those vertiacally challenged. Ijust did a RK Custom seat for a lady 5' tall & 95lbs from Texas, she called last week telling me Ijustmade her spend over $3k. When I askedhow did I do that she saidshe is now able to ride the bike and had to buy Rineharts, Protuner and a assortment of other goodies because she likes the RKbetter than her Heritage now(She won the RK lastyear in a give away at her local stealer) Nothing against Rich's or anybody else out there who does this type of work butfor the money youaren't going to beat us.You would be looking at $40-90 plusshipping cost vs. $400+
Sounds good so far! How will this affect comfort? I ride alot of x-country and actually spend more time with feet on the floorboards than on the ground. Also, How long could I expect to have no seat on my bike after I ship to you?
Thanks!
jim

Old 04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the Harley Reach seat on my RK. It lowers the seat height 1 1/2" and moves the rider forward 1". Best thing about it is it has a built in back rest. BIG improvement over the stock seat and I'm 5'7" also.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:29 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: msgtarmor

ORIGINAL: BadX

The problem isn't the seat height, its the seat width. When you combine lowering the seat and narrowing the seat this gets the optimal results for those vertiacally challenged. I just did a RK Custom seat for a lady 5' tall & 95lbs from Texas, she called last week telling me I just made her spend over $3k. When I asked how did I do that she said she is now able to ride the bike and had to buy Rineharts, Protuner and a assortment of other goodies because she likes the RK better than her Heritage now(She won the RK last year in a give away at her local stealer) Nothing against Rich's or anybody else out there who does this type of work but for the money you aren't going to beat us. You would be looking at $40-90 plus shipping cost vs. $400+
Sounds good so far! How will this affect comfort? I ride alot of x-country and actually spend more time with feet on the floorboards than on the ground. Also, How long could I expect to have no seat on my bike after I ship to you?
Thanks!
jim
Jim, I am not trying to be a smartazz but if I wasn't make the seat more comfortable then I doubt I would be in business If you schedule the seat to be done, it don't have to be at the shop till the day before its scheduled date, then on the scheduled date it is completed and shipped that same day. If you were to just send it in without scheduling the modification, atleast 2 months because scheduled seats have priority over non-scheduled.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
msgtarmor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, I am not trying to be a smartazz but if I wasn't make the seat more comfortable then I doubt I would be in business If you schedule the seat to be done, it don't have to be at the shop till the day before its scheduled date, then on the scheduled date it is completed and shipped that same day. If you were to just send it in without scheduling the modification, atleast 2 months because scheduled seats have priority over non-scheduled.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info!! I'll most likely be calling you to set up an appt for my seat. Can you also build up the passenger part some. My woman mentioned that to me so had to ask!
Jim