Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Bagger Detachable Tour-Pack Mount

Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milwaukee Bagger Detachable Tour-Pack Mount

Milwaukee Bagger Detachable Tour-Pak Mount

This MB tour pak mount is designed to use forward mounting hardware, therefore elliminating the need for all the additional rear HD hardware brackets sticking out through the back panel via the antennae holes in the FLHX and other touring models.

Does anyone have experience with the MILWAUKEE BAGGER mounting assembly? It is pricy but may be worth it to clean up the back while reducing some weight off the back of the bike.

My main concern is if stable and secure. The forward mount system is not as beefy as the rear and I'm wondering if it can support the King Tour Pak without added stress.

Also concerned about theft, since the HD system does have a lock system available.

HD's mount

Milwaukee's

Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
BlackMarshmallow
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Milwaukee Bagger Detachable Tour-Pack Mount

This is interesting. I can't answer your question, but I'd like to see what the answer is too. I'm waffling about tourpacks also. I like the RK cause it's clean and really want to get rid of the cross-bar. My wife sat on an Ultra-Classic and went ooohhhh! (She like the backrest mostly) I'd like to have the option, but she rides so infrequently. . .I also am not too charged up about the cost of a tourpack, but we'll see.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen them in person, they are very nice. Yeah, they are a little spendy, what isn't anymore though.TheTour Pack seemed very solid and stable on the mount.If I ever decide to buy a Tour Pack, this is the only way I'll go.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'd sure think you could fab one up for about half the price. get a use detachable backrest cut off the uprightsand weld on a flat plate then paint or chrome probably like 100 buck or so. my .02 cents

Old 04-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mrbuck

i'd sure think you could fab one up for about half the price. get a use detachable backrest cut off the uprightsand weld on a flat plate then paint or chrome probably like 100 buck or so. my .02 cents
Hrmm, all I see is my Tour Pack and Passenger tumbling end over end down the interstate.

Is the risk worth $100 or so?
My $0.02

Old 04-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Jsans
Tourer

Still , I wonder if the Milwaukee Bagger design is a solid, sturdy alterantive to HDs. I'm confident in the quality of the construction, just want to ensure that the mounts are going to hold up and the tour pak isn't going to bounce up and down with every bump.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

i have one like this (came from FBI) and its a hole lot of sturdy. its made out of stainless some where in the neighborhood of 10 gauge. once you lock it in, you could drag the bike around with it. it ain't going no where. i don't have any pics at the time. im having a plate made for it to attach to the tourpak. the pak i have is the leather screaming eagle ultra variety and i wanted to use a different setup for mounting so its not ready to go on the bike yet. IMO it a much better setup than attaching all that other stuff from the moco.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Jsans
Tourer

Do you have the part number for that one? I looked all over their web site and couldn't find it.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

you will probably have to call to order it. they caught some heat from the moco and now its a dirty little secret...lol if you are looking for price, its about the same as MB's

Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM
midget11
Intermediate

I just purchased the one from Fat Baggers Inc, IMO it is a fantastic piece. They also sent a set of stainless mounts to replace the factory 'plastic coated' ones. I had mine powder coated black instead of chromed. FBI also supplies Milwaukee Bagger. Call and ask for Rich. 1-877-324-2453

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Milwaukee Bagger Detachable Tour-Pack Mount