Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comfort profile rear saddlebag guard kit

Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Comfort profile rear saddlebag guard kit

I am on the fence about getting these for the bike Link , or just getting these Link . My wifes bothered by the guards rubbing the backs of her legs, but I'm not sure I will like the look of the profile guards with the Nostalgic guard rails I have on the bike now.

I've done a search on removing the guards and just having the support, of course it's the old "do it" "don't do it".....I like having the piece of mind if I happen to lay it over, and the damage it may save to my wife,myselfand the bike. So I'm looking for guidance and hopefully pictures of bikes with the changes. Any help or pics willbe much appreciated

Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Duke of HD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comfort profile rear saddlebag guard kit

If you decide to go with.......

I have a set in my garage with about 10 miles on them I can make you a deal on!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
FireRescueFL
Tourer

Gotta keep mama happy! Buy 'em and if you don't like them, I take 'em off your hands! I just put a set of the standard guards on my FLHX and my wife is not happy about them rubbing her legs. I may have to go to the comfort profile soon enough.

---Chris

Old 04-30-2008, 03:02 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Duke of HD

Just an FYI looking at the description for the profile guards I noticed this..... (Will not fit Saddlebag Guard Bags.)may make your decision a little easier. I am sure there would be a way to make it work with some persistance!
but I'm not sure I will like the look of the profile guards with the Nostalgic guard rails I have on the bike now.
[&:]Huh? I don't have the guard bags, I have the Nostalgic guard rails, and yes they will work with the Profile guard kit. I guess you read my post incorrectly??

I'm just looking to see if the Profile kit will look good with the Guard rails I have on the bike now. But I do like the clean look of no saddlebag guards. If I go with the cleaner, no guard look, I will be selling my Nostalgic guard rails.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
lockshop
Tourer

I have them and my wife use to get bruise on her leg. Not anymore they should fit because the lower half doesn't change.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:23 PM
hogbag07
Road Captain

I lowerd the floor boards to the bottom hole that helped a bit.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought a set when I bought my bike and have not installed them yet.I did take off the originals and paint to match the bike.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

I've had the guard rails on both my Road King and the Ultra Classic. In my case no one has complained about them, but the ladies I've given rides may be taller. The look is a matter of taste. They do provide a little more protection. I've also had guard bags to attach in front where I put water bottles, gloves, etc so I don't have to get off the bike for a quick item. That again is a matter of taste and wasn't a clearance problem.

Good luck.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all about making mama happy. Putting the profile guards on was one of the first mods I did. They are actually very sharp looking on the Classic. Though I dont have the guard rails.

Heres a pic

Frank

Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hogbag07

I lowerd the floor boards to the bottom hole that helped a bit.
Did that, didn't help much.
I bought a set when I bought my bike and have not installed them yet.I did take off the originals and paint to match the bike.
Going to install them? Wanna sell em? Trade for my Nostalgic guard rails?
I've had the guard rails on both my Road King and the Ultra Classic. In my case no one has complained about them, but the ladies I've given rides may be taller. The look is a matter of taste. They do provide a little more protection. I've also had guard bags to attach in front where I put water bottles, gloves, etc so I don't have to get off the bike for a quick item. That again is a matter of taste and wasn't a clearance problem.
I wouldn't mind doing the guard bags, but that would make it even worse for her legs.
Thanks for the info guys and the pics. I'd still like to see a RKC with the guards removed and just having the chrome supports, which I'd powdercoat anyways...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Comfort profile rear saddlebag guard kit