Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Roadtrip Chuckle

Old 04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little Roadtrip Chuckle

I think we need a thread with alittle humor to kinda break from the norm.

How about a short little roadtrip story that brings a laugh to ya everytime you think about it. Could be anything. Nothing to long, much of suffer ADD from excess as a youth.

Here's an ex:

Crossing the Rainbow bridge from NY into Canada on a roadtrip awhile back, I feel alot of weight shifting going on behind me. Look back and see wifey waving the Ezpass vigorously at the customers booth. (usually keep it in the ws bag, but like to put her to work now and again)

Anyway, 1/2 hr later after cutoms checked our passports, searched the bike, and xray'd our tourbag, wifey totally understood the difference between a toll plaza and a border crossing.

Everytime I think of the look on the custom dude's face as this blonde was waving an ezpass at him, I can't help but laugh...god I love that blondie. (and she wonders why they tell blonde jokes)

Ez

Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Little Roadtrip Chuckle

Ok, stupidity check. Rode to Sturgis from Ohio, straight through. Got there, set up camp in SouthSide and decided to go get buffalo burgers and beer. My buddy stayed back at camp. So, I get to an outside burger joint, wrap the cable lock through the front wheel (79 shovel) and proceed to eat buffalo and drink some beer, all on a worn out body from an 1100 mile ride. So, everyone is being cool, burnouts and all, so I get ready to leave and when i pull out, I go about a foot and stop. Damn cable lock! I pull it off, check it out and pull out.I hear this rubbing noise as I turn, so when I get to the stop sign to turn past the front of the tent I check it out again, can't see nothin' wrong. So, as I turn left and everyone cheers me on, I hear a littel rubbing, but figure it must be ok, right? So, I crank up some Rs, dump the clutch, launch and just as I'm grabbing second gear my fender wraps around the wheel and spits out in front of me going down the road faster than I was. So, there I am, picking up my parts off the street and feeling like a real dumbass. So, I pack it all up and go back to camp, only to wake up to my buddy shaking the tent and asking, "did we have too much fun last night". But, a bunch of washers, a few bolts, two logs and a rock, she was good to go for the rest of the summer and made a great conversation piece.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
treeboy97Flht
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Little Roadtrip Chuckle

Three years ago I was leading a group of ten to DC. I had a cheat sheet with all the directions to the downtown exit. On my way to the outerbelt I noticed an ealry entry point, so I took it. This is where it begins, my notes say take outer belt North. With the early entry to the outer belt North was actaully the wrong way, if I would have went a few more miles North would have been the other way (should have taken East). I took ten angry guys all around the outer belt of DC. My notes said North and I took them as literal as you can get. Well at the end point, the ten split to several groups, I still take a ribbing once in awhile, I deserve it, but Sh*t happens.

We ended up there, just a few more miles than expected.