Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Stereo or Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the complete kit from http://www.cycleaccessorystore.com/category_s/39.htm for around $500, I called them and got an upgraded Sony that has usb on faceplate. I can play my Ipod thru the usb and control with handlebar controls.

Installed my self in about 2 hours, Hog Tunes speakers that came with it are great.
I can hear it at 70 mph without a problem.

Biketronic's interface is plug & Play and comes with a life time warranty.
You can use any Sony radio that has the wired remote control but I'd check with them first. Comes with a faceplate for riding in the rain or washing.

Saved me $700 over HD.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Goodwrench1967
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmm.... bikers arguing about car stereos... I think its a sign of the appocalypse. if your looking at a standard, a classic is only 2 grand more and you get alot more bang for your buck I think. BTW my stock HD system is more than adequate at any speed and performs flawlessly... it is also under warranty if that matters.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:53 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

[QUOTE=tda69;295541]
ORIGINAL: SeaHag

Aren't we saying the same thing? Given the fact that there are no "waterproof" radios, the marine grade radios usually have a flip up faceplate. When was the last time you got in a car and had to flip a faceplace just in order to insert a cd? Most cars don't have that feature because they are already protected from the elements. Just a thought.
no, there are several different models of car stereo that are not marine grade that have flip up/(down) faceplates. just depends on what the manufacturer thought was groovy and would sell i guess.

***edit*** sorry i'm late, responded before i saw all the pissing going on .....

Last edited by skratch; 02-23-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it just me or am I the only one having trouble discerning the fine qualities of my stereo sound over the beautiful music coming from the Rhinehart exhaust system on my ride?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Biketronics kit with Sony CD mounted on my 08 Roadglide. Everything worked as it was supposed to, but the only thing I did not like was that the face of the cd player was not visible in sunlight from the riding position, I mean I could not see a damn thing unless I was stopped and standing up straining to see it. Maybe it's because of the way the stereo sits in the Roadglide whic is a little different from other baggers. Interested in what other Roadgliders think. I put my stock HK back on. As far as the Biketronics kit goes, it worked like it was supposed to though.