Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Old 10-27-2014, 12:38 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
No BS here sir. This comparison was done on a 96 inch motor. Customer came in looking for more power as he wasn't satisfied with his current setup. He stated he felt he had actually lost power from his stock exhaust. We warmed the bike up, performed a baseline run without putting the sniffer in the pipes (no need as these pipes and tune were coming off anyway, didn't need afr reading, just power for comparison), and then installed the MGS True Duals, tuned it and got these numbers. We were pretty surprised and impressed ourselves with the difference in power. We are always open to discuss different opinions and welcome all feedback both positive and negative, that is the beauty of this forum, to get real feedback from the people who actually ride, use, and buy all of the goodies we put on our bikes.

Thank you for supporting this open forum and for sharing your opinion, we greatly value your honesty and contributions.

I'm not calling BS on your results, i'm just saying that the starting run was in no way tuned. I have no doubt that the customer felt he lost power changing pipes. It looks like if whoever did the work originally did any MAPping at all they at most put a canned MAP in it. For what it's worth, the after MAP looks like you might be leaving a little on the table as well. It's pretty lean at the little end and it looks like it would like a little more timing, at least at WOT.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:08 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcdermit
Due to your BS post, I will never buy any of your BS products. This post was full of crap. I will strongly suggest to everyone I know, to never touch one of your products ever...in my entire life....you have just pissed me off, due to your ignorance! You sir, are a moron!
Pissing you off was not our intention and for that we do apologize.
May I ask what setup you have on your bike? Would you be open to trying the MGS True Duals for yourself on your own bike FOR FREE as a comparison, as there is no better way to compare. If after you compare the different products first hand and aren't satisfied with the performance gains, sound, or quality, we will eat our words and post your findings. We will also pay for all of the shipping costs involved if our system doesn't outperform yours.
This would be a great way to let everyone know that these pipes either work or don't work. We are sure you have the integrity to put these pipes on and let everyone know what you find, and trust that you will either return our pipes to us on our dime or maybe decide to keep them on your bike if you find you like them.
We are always open to discuss different opinions and welcome all feedback both positive and negative, that is the beauty of this forum, to get real feedback from the people who actually ride, use, and buy all of the goodies we put on our bikes.

Thank you for supporting this open forum and for sharing your opinion, we greatly value your honesty and contributions.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:14 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'm not calling BS on your results, i'm just saying that the starting run was in no way tuned. I have no doubt that the customer felt he lost power changing pipes. It looks like if whoever did the work originally did any MAPping at all they at most put a canned MAP in it. For what it's worth, the after MAP looks like you might be leaving a little on the table as well. It's pretty lean at the little end and it looks like it would like a little more timing, at least at WOT.
This is definitely a possibility, you are correct. The bike seemed to run ok and the tune came from the local Harley Dealer that usually puts out quality tunes, but anything is possible. Again, our intention was to show the difference in power, not diagnose the bike as the customer was dead set on replacing his exhaust with ours for the sound and looks alone.

Again, thank you for your contributions to this forum, it is because of people like you that this forum works at delivering real info from the enthusiasts.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:54 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Dyno testing the Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe with an assortment of mufflers on our 2015 Road Glide. Here are the results of the better performers as well as the stock mufflers, tested several others which are not worthy of posting.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-29-2014, 10:48 AM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
Pissing you off was not our intention and for that we do apologize.
May I ask what setup you have on your bike? Would you be open to trying the MGS True Duals for yourself on your own bike FOR FREE as a comparison, as there is no better way to compare. If after you compare the different products first hand and aren't satisfied with the performance gains, sound, or quality, we will eat our words and post your findings. We will also pay for all of the shipping costs involved if our system doesn't outperform yours.
This would be a great way to let everyone know that these pipes either work or don't work. We are sure you have the integrity to put these pipes on and let everyone know what you find, and trust that you will either return our pipes to us on our dime or maybe decide to keep them on your bike if you find you like them.
We are always open to discuss different opinions and welcome all feedback both positive and negative, that is the beauty of this forum, to get real feedback from the people who actually ride, use, and buy all of the goodies we put on our bikes.

I currently have a Vance & Hines Pro Pipe. I do not currently have a tuner or Air Cleaner as there has been an unexpected medical issue with my wife needing a brain surgery this past summer. As soon as I can afford to tune my bike and put on an air cleaner, I would be more than happy to see how your exhaust would stack up to my Pro Pipe. I did not mean for my post to come off sounding as rude as it did, I was assuming from the way that your original post was worded that you were the one that tuned the bike with both sets of exhaust on the bike and those were the best numbers that you could come up with for the V&H Power Duals, which is obviously a little bit of a skewed comparison. Maybe someone on the forum with access to a dyno and both of these head pipes could give us an unbiased comparison?

Last edited by jmcdermit; 10-29-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:00 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcdermit
I currently have a Vance & Hines Pro Pipe. I do not currently have a tuner or Air Cleaner as there has been an unexpected medical issue with my wife needing a brain surgery this past summer. As soon as I can afford to tune my bike and put on an air cleaner, I would be more than happy to see how your exhaust would stack up to my Pro Pipe. I did not mean for my post to come off sounding as rude as it did, I was assuming from the way that your original post was worded that you were the one that tuned the bike with both sets of exhaust on the bike and those were the best numbers that you could come up with for the V&H Power Duals, which is obviously a little bit of a skewed comparison. Maybe someone on the forum with access to a dyno and both of these head pipes could give us an unbiased comparison?
I'd be more than happy to do testing on my dyno. I would only post tuned reslutls

Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 AM
StarwalkerP
Supporter

I got a '10 ultra limited. Originally. A 103
Now a 110. Not a CVO model
. SE pro tuner

130 Hp. 127 torque. Torque doesn't really start until 2800.rpm
l try posting my dyno sheet when I figure out how.
My profile picture needs updating too

Last edited by StarwalkerP; 10-30-2014 at 03:02 AM. Reason: repeated some data
Old 11-03-2014, 01:21 PM
harley_guy1995
Advanced

Mine is a 95 road king/street king 80 ci...had 3 pounds taken off the crank and balanced.. 11.1 kieth black high comp pistons.. s&s oil pump. Kibble white valves springs retainers and seals.. crane push rods lifters and rockers and ignition.. cycle electric stator and regulator.. the carb is obviously rejetted i would have to see what i have written down.. ev 59 cam.. heads were dobe by a friend.. it was his first time doing it.. i have no idea what he did to them but evidently its workin!... d&d fat cat 2 into 1... ive ran it without baffle since the first 5 mins i had it.. im gonna buy the big bore baffle and have it tuned to try and pick up that flat spot up to 4k.. idk thats about it.. im sure theres other small stuff too Dyno 95 road king. 80 cu in. 95 hp 99 torque beast:

Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Here is a sample dyno chart of the new Wood TW-999 cam in what we are calling the Fuel Moto 107 HP+ engine package. This combination was the result of testing several prototype cams, testing many exhaust combinations, throttle bodies, various other components, and extensive tuning with over 200 dyno runs. The FM 107 HP+ is a high output package and uses the following components:
Wood Performance TW-999 cams
Fuel Moto IC cylinders, FM/MTC pistons 11.0 compression
FM Level B CNC heads
Wood Performance Directional lifters
FM adjustable pushrods
complete Cometic gasket kit w/.030 MLS head gaskets
Installation CD
This package will also require a larger throttle body & injectors, upgraded clutch, an exhaust capable of supporting 130+Hp (not one the manufacturer claims does, one that has been tested) and the tune is absolutely critical. Our testing was done over a month period in a wide range of conditions with an assortment of test components. The chart posted represents the best of our testing. Also note testing was done with a stock lower end, building the crankshaft is relative to not only the specific build combination, how the bike is used & driven, most specifically the shock load subjected.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:26 AM
SGNEWB
Advanced

Wow Jamie, impressive build here! Are you noticing significant difference in your new (I'm assuming prototype) 2-1 exhaust? This new cam looks impressive too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???