Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Old 06-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Avalanche123
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno results for 2015 RG

V&H Big Radius, SERT, Screaming Eagle Hvy Breather.....for some reason I had hopes for higher HP....any comments?

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-fltrxs-103-stg-1-steve-brushey.jpg  
Old 07-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,359 Likes on 2,615 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalanche123
V&H Big Radius, SERT, Screaming Eagle Hvy Breather.....for some reason I had hopes for higher HP....any comments?
I do think your big radius is not much help, so for a simple stage 1 on a 103, you're not far off

Old 07-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Avalanche123
Cruiser

I had similar pipes on my 2010 Fat Boy Low with same set up and it generated 80 HP. I am not clear why these pipes would change my tune? What are you getting at?

Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,359 Likes on 2,615 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalanche123
I had similar pipes on my 2010 Fat Boy Low with same set up and it generated 80 HP. I am not clear why these pipes would change my tune? What are you getting at?
Torque is what you feel, I'd be less concerned about HP, but pipes affect your result - Big Radius are true dual pipes, they arent designed for performance, they're designed for appearance.

Many factors can affect the results with the same equipment - temperature, humidity, altitude, air pressure and the skill of the tuner.

But the question is - are you happy with how the setup *feels* when you ride it? Thats the question that counts. I dont look at my chart when I ride.

Here's a good example. A 124" S&S, "only" making 80 HP at 3250 RPM (at, or below which I'd imagine you and most of us spend 95% of our time on a bike), yet I'm guessing you'd enjoy the power this bike is making.

Last edited by Keithhu; 07-01-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Keith, that torque curve looks most satisfactory!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Avalanche123
Cruiser

Thanks for the feedback...interestng. Admittedly I do like the V & H appearance however I didn't think it would affect performance. In hindsight, I would have done a bit more homework.

Am I happy with it? For the most part yes.... I just found the chart looked a bit strange compared to others charts I have seen. I am not sure how much experience my HD Mech has but I am limited to where I can go. If my results are restricted by what components I put on, fair enough.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

Dyno's are tuning tools....period. No two dynos will read the same. Then throw in the correction factors and an experienced operator or tuner can increase or decrease the numbers on a dyno sheet. Not saying tuners are dishonest, just saying the numbers can vary.
Bottom line if you are happy with the way your bike runs, unless you are chasing a number, ride it and be happy.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Bafulgaro
Advanced

2015 street glide special. Rinehart slimline header with 4' Rinehart slip ons. I installed
the 2 1/2' hi flow baffles and a roland sands speed five venture air cleaner.
86.05 HP
105.62 TQ

Old 07-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by davidw221
Ok, need advice, I've been dealing with an issue with my 09, 107, I recently had my bike dyno'd at a show, I also have a thundermax, after the dyno, my results were less than steller, so the Thundermax guy spend an hour tweaking my bike, he and the dyno guy stated part of my issue is the throttle body, says I need a HPI, 55-58 for my bike, I live in Indianapolis so HPI is local I can walk right into the business!, ;}
The Thundermax guy also said my injectors were marginal, I'm going to get the HPI, and I'm not sure if I really need the 5.3 injectors.
Would this option help my bikes performance, I look at this issue air and fuel ratio, I'm not worried about the extra gas used, I'm only concerned with performance!
Help me out guys, opinions are like butts everyone has one!
The 1st thing I'd do is get rid of that Blundermax and go to a Power Vision tuner. The other thing I'm worried about is your pistons. Those wiseco pistons have a very problematic following. I did a 106 build with them and at 10,000 miles pistons were toast. T-Man did a build for a guy using same pistons and at 5000 miles they are toast. I hope that's not the issue. But to me the tuner is a major issue. Seems on stock stuff they work pretty good but on a modified build they don't.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak
Dyno's are tuning tools....period. No two dynos will read the same. Then throw in the correction factors and an experienced operator or tuner can increase or decrease the numbers on a dyno sheet. Not saying tuners are dishonest, just saying the numbers can vary.
Bottom line if you are happy with the way your bike runs, unless you are chasing a number, ride it and be happy.
Just my 2 cents. I installed a PCV and all I have is rush performance slips-ons and a KN-RK3930 high flow filter. After I download several maps and ran them, the 15-011-067 has run quite well. Reduce popping on decel, better response and low end power and am running almost 10 degrees cooler. A review of the numbers show I was much too lean from idle up through 3500 RPMs. Makes sense. And the cost? Besides the initial equipment cost, I lost approximately 1/2 a MPG.
Why did I write all this? I have a dyno guy up the street "if" I choose. I am waiting until I decide if I want cams and/or head work. But in the meantime? I am happy with the PCV and the results. I sounds like some here should have saved their money on a dyno.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???