Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Thank you for the update, looking at your current combination it looks like everything really came together well. Always appreciate a user that is willing to put the time in to test what his combination wants. Well done

I'll explain what was going on with your earlier setup a little further. As baffle size increases, velocity decreases. 2.5" baffles will cause the effect of soft lower end, especially when used with a 2/1/2 system as you have an abundance of tuned length after the collector. Mufflers that are too open like your example (and other similar designs) will cause loss of velocity leading to reduced response and low end power. This shows up in the power curve being excessively soft on the bottom, once the RPM's start to increase and it comes up on peak engine torque the collector starts to scavenge and the power curve will get a somewhat sharp peak to it. Consider most 2/1 systems use a single 2.5" baffle and you generally have about 4-8" of tuned length before the baffle, on a 2/1/2 with 2.5" baffles you have two 2.5" baffles and as much as 30+" of tuned length before the baffles. This is where it is helpful to have a muffler you can tune with different baffles, tuning discs, etc.. In the next several weeks I am going to do a write up about the exhaust tuning and the effects of different components. Stay tuned..
Jamie I do appreciate the insite of the exhaust theory but really it's fact not just theory as you know. Justin and I was talking about this very same subject the other night and as you said to much volume area to fill will only slow down the movement or speed of the exhaust gases exciting the engine. Also it's great to have guys like J&B Performance willing to expeirment with different styles of exhaust and recommend what will be the best for a particular app. Again thanks for the insight and I'm truly happy to have J&B in this area to back up what they talk about !!!!! Look foward to seeing further conversations that can be held in a civil and imformative manner such as this.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
str8shuutr45
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

I dropped off my '13 Road King, this past Saturday, at the local dealer to have them install Andrews 57H, V&H Pro-Pipe, SERT, and S/E adjustable push rods. They then Dyno tuned it...no just waiting for it stop down pouring.
Torque=100
HP=91

photo on the dyno:

dyno page:

Old 10-01-2015, 04:43 AM
rrushton
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What should I expect in dyno numbers. will be get dyno tune next week
09 street glide 96cc
Upgrades are
S&S 106 big bore kit
89cc S&S heads
Power commander tuner
SE air filter
True duels with Rinehart skip one
Fueling Reaper 543 can
SE clutch up grade
High flow oil pump

Old 10-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,365 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by rrushton
What should I expect in dyno numbers. will be get dyno tune next week
09 street glide 96cc
Upgrades are
S&S 106 big bore kit
89cc S&S heads
Power commander tuner
SE air filter
True duels with Rinehart skip one
Fueling Reaper 543 can
SE clutch up grade
High flow oil pump
Upwards of 120TQ, but your duals may limit what you get from ported heads.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by str8shuutr45
I dropped off my '13 Road King, this past Saturday, at the local dealer to have them install Andrews 57H, V&H Pro-Pipe, SERT, and S/E adjustable push rods. They then Dyno tuned it...no just waiting for it stop down pouring.
Torque=100
HP=91

photo on the dyno:

dyno page:
You have a great combo but not a great tune. Don't mean to down your tune but running very lean looking at the afr. There's more there if a good tuner get's ahold of it.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:14 PM
str8shuutr45
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
You have a great combo but not a great tune. Don't mean to down your tune but running very lean looking at the afr. There's more there if a good tuner get's ahold of it.
Tn - thanks for the heads up- I went with the pipe cam combo because of what I'd seen/read. I did the job now because the dealer gave me a good labor and parts price. I honestly was disappointed when I saw the Dyno sheet. I was NOT disappointed however with the seat if the pants Dyno. I road my RK home 60 mi and felt like I was on a different machine. The power was there as soon as I rolled on the throttle and stayed on much longer than the last time I road it. The Pro-Pipe sounds great as I accelerate away (it sounds pretty good too at idle).

I'll ride it like this for the rest of the season and do my research on a Indy tuner over the winter and have it retuned in the spring.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by str8shuutr45
Tn - thanks for the heads up- I went with the pipe cam combo because of what I'd seen/read. I did the job now because the dealer gave me a good labor and parts price. I honestly was disappointed when I saw the Dyno sheet. I was NOT disappointed however with the seat if the pants Dyno. I road my RK home 60 mi and felt like I was on a different machine. The power was there as soon as I rolled on the throttle and stayed on much longer than the last time I road it. The Pro-Pipe sounds great as I accelerate away (it sounds pretty good too at idle).

I'll ride it like this for the rest of the season and do my research on a Indy tuner over the winter and have it retuned in the spring.
Now that sounds like a plan right there. I wish you were down here, we could get you fixed right up. Get on a couple of the forums and do some research and find a good tuner and you will be very happy you did. Good Luck !!

Old 10-02-2015, 12:36 PM
str8shuutr45
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Now that sounds like a plan right there. I wish you were down here, we could get you fixed right up. Get on a couple of the forums and do some research and find a good tuner and you will be very happy you did. Good Luck !!
tell you what - if the winters continue getting colder and icier, I'm packing up the OL, dogs, and motorcycle and heading south. I'll leave the OL cats to fend for themselves...

Old 10-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Jon_S412
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2012 street glide: fuel Moto base 107 kit, woods 555 cams, jackpot 2/1/2 header, jackpot 4 inch slip ons, k&n heavy breather, power commander V, stock heads till winter

Last edited by Jon_S412; 10-18-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:02 AM
mdanehart
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

str8shuutr45,

Check out my Dyno graph...I have the same options installed on my 14 FLHX and the same numbers. When I reviewed the Dyno I was not overly impressed.
My graph posted below.

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???