Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomspo04
Amazing... I've got virtually the same setup. I took my RGS in for the 1000 mile service and Dyno (SEST). My numbers are the same as yours, from the dealer. Needless to say, I was very disappointed when I picked it up and looked at the Dyno sheet. I need to find a good tuner here in GA.
Tom why don't you get in touch with Justin or Brandon and set up a weekend trip and bring that bad boy up here to Tn. and get that thing tuned ! These guys know how to tune a bike for sure.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Tomspo04
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Tom why don't you get in touch with Justin or Brandon and set up a weekend trip and bring that bad boy up here to Tn. and get that thing tuned ! These guys know how to tune a bike for sure.
That's not too bad of an idea. Where in Tenessee are they located?

Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

They are located in Mohawk Tn. Go to there Facebook page and look at there work. Super guys that will take care of you.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:30 PM
RoughGlider
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 SGS with 110 Tire Shredder and 589 CAMs

Hi Everyone,
I have been a long time reader but never felt I had a good enough reason to post. I do now. I am just so excited, I had to share my experience thanks to you all. Like most, been studying the dyno results for a long time. I finally took the plunge, made the 600 mi round trip from Vegas to Orange County (So. Cal.). I have a 2015 SGS with a 110 Tire Shredder kit. I further added the 585 cams up from the kits 259’s . I never had the kit install dyno’ed but it sure felt great. I did a ton of research and it seemed the guy to see for Dyno and tuning work was Mickey Cohen. We spoke, he explained what he tries to achieve in a custom map (Rideability not peak HP). Weather was perfect so I set out across the Mojave Desert.
Got to the shop, apparently there were ten other baggers in for the same tuning work as mine. Mickey rolled her up onto the dyno and I asked if I could watch. For those who have never stood next to a bike on a Dyno under full pull, it’s quite a sensory attack. I don’t want to go overboard on describing watching all the work but let me just say “Mind-blowing”.

Anyway, I would have never done this without everyone’s sharing of info. I am attaching my bike on the dyno and the before and after tuning. I honestly cannot believe how good this bike runs, the throttle response, the smoothness, etc… It is just simply an absolute pleasure with unreal smooth power. Also, I feel the value for these upgrades is terrific. Thank you all for this thread, I would have never taken the plunge without it.

RoughGlider

P.S. I also have a run comparing my bike to Mickeys 2014 SGS with a Pro Stage IV should anyone need that for comparison purposes.

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-img_7160.jpg    DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-img_7168.jpeg  

Last edited by RoughGlider; 02-06-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

RoughGlider, Take another picture please you cant see the scale on the left.

Its only a piece of paper, and if you're happy thats great, but I think you should see what a better tuner can do for you - 119 max TQ from a 110 with cams, I'd expect more. I'm at 116 with a 107, cams, and no ported heads, true duals at that. My max TQ comes on at 3.25K and stays pretty steady to 4.25K.

Are your heads ported?

Last edited by Keithhu; 02-06-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:08 PM
RoughGlider
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Keithhu

Its only a piece of paper, and if you're happy thats great, but I think you should see what a better tuner can do for you - 119 max TQ from a 110 with cams, I'd expect more. I'm at 116 with a 107, cams, and no ported heads, true duals at that. My max TQ comes on at 3.25K and stays pretty steady to 4.25K.

Are your heads ported?

I will definitely get more info.

Thank you.
RG

Old 02-08-2016, 09:57 PM
skrissel
Novice

Originally Posted by Tomspo04
Amazing... I've got virtually the same setup. I took my RGS in for the 1000 mile service and Dyno (SEST). My numbers are the same as yours, from the dealer. Needless to say, I was very disappointed when I picked it up and looked at the Dyno sheet. I need to find a good tuner here in GA.
If you are willing to come to NE Atlanta, there is a great shop in Lawrenceville, GA. Brian (the owner) is the one that personally does the tuning. He is one of the best!! He installed a 106" kit in my 2007 RG last fall. Great people and great work!

http://livengoodmotorsports.com/dyno...ley-davidsons/

Old 02-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Tomspo04
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skrissel
If you are willing to come to NE Atlanta, there is a great shop in Lawrenceville, GA. Brian (the owner) is the one that personally does the tuning. He is one of the best!! He installed a 106" kit in my 2007 RG last fall. Great people and great work!

http://livengoodmotorsports.com/dyno...ley-davidsons/
Thanks for the link. I checked out their site. Yes, I am willing to ride a few miles to get a good tune. Honestly, I don't think I have a choice. What results did you get from your 106 build?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:23 PM
RoughGlider
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Keithhu

Are your heads ported?
Hi Keith,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I definitely wanted to learn a bit more about my tuning versus your notes. It seems that this kit with CAM modification is putting out exactly what it is supposed to (two different shops plus HD). As we both know its really the shape of the curves that translates into the rideability of the bike. As I said I am sharing my "piece of paper" but it was the rideability, acceleration, etc... that really blew me away. Also, the difference in my motor pulls of tuned vs. not tuned I think tell that story best. As far as ported heads, I learned that ported heads actually don't make HP. Anyway I am sure this is a potato vs. potato sorta thing but I do fell a great deal of trust in Mickey Cohen and the experience he shared.
Peace

RG

Old 02-19-2016, 01:54 PM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Forgot to post mine, but here it is! 85.7Hp / 109.9ft-lbs SAE

Drago H-Pipe, V&H Twin Slash Oval slip-ons, Fuel Moto AC (stock cover). Big props to Ed from Dyno Difference, a BIG difference from FP3 tune and after the dyno.

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???