Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide...adding a Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Street Glide...adding a Tour Pack

man ultra07 that setup looks better than my lazy boy i'm in right now.LOL bet it rides real comfy

Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Just an idea to consider: you can avoid the ridiculous cost of an HDtourpak by installing a removable backrest with a small rack. Add a T-bag or the equivalent and you can haul more stuff than you can imagine. The benefit to this setup is that it all can come off when you're not touring. Also the t-bag will go into a motel room with you. Just depends on what you're after.
You could also consider a Classic (comes with the tourpak)and simply lower the rear for the look you want. Could be cheaper and easier.
Don't forget to check out Ebay for aftermarket tourpaks. A friend has one on his Standard and is happy as hell. Looks good, comes painted to match and costs about $150.n

Old 05-30-2008, 09:35 AM
kwas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a question for ya, Can you use a trunk relocator ( like George Anderson's) with the quick release trunk??????

Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ultra007

I use my tour pack solo when heading out on long trips. They are so convenient for storage. The extra set of speakers are nice too. Great back support for a solo rider. I have both quick detach brackets, solo and two up.
It takes longer to dig out and hook up / un hook and hide the wires than to detach the pack itself.
I guess rigging up one common plug would be easier.
Remember, if you have the tour pack with lights, IT HAS to be hooked up or you may get a ticket. I got stopped before after just testing the pack out, luckily the copper was a Harley guy and was more interested in the solo pack configuration. LOL He went back to his car and returned to remind me to hook up the lights. LOL

U

[IMG]local://upfiles/57301/8B6920B55AD343689979E7873C6B38BA.jpg[/IMG]
I noticed that you have a solo set up, but you talk about a two up also, how is the setup different between the solo and the two up? Looks comfy as leather recliner at home.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
captsam54
Road Master

Here is a solo detach w/ chopped tour pac on eBay.. Everything you need, but not put together. $4.99 and no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280231604851

Old 05-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Boxer 6

I want to do the same withmy street glide. Does anyone know what parts are needed (other than the tour pack itself)? For example, do you need to purchase a back rest, antenna relocation, etc. Thanks for the input.

Mark

Yes you need to purchase a backrest. Unless of course you don't want one. Antenna reloacation is up to you. The only other parts needed are the detachable tour pak rack and docking hardware. And a lockset. You can order one to match your ignition key. You just need your key code or vin.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Now that I have added the Hogtunes speakers to the tourpak it takes me about 20 seconds to take the tourpak off when not needed. Great addition to the bike. It can look and act like a SG or an Ultra

Old 05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
milo8155
Cruiser

I have done the same...I like the cool look of the SG to ride around solo...When the wife wants to ride in town ( bike night or w/friends ) I install the backrest with a Comfortstitch seat..For longer journeys I put on the King Tour pack and keeping the Comfortstitch seat...All using the detachable docking hardware! It works for me....Good Luck!

milo8155
07 FLHX
03 FXST
Collierville,TN

Old 05-30-2008, 10:43 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered the smooth leather looking tour pack, removable of course. I don't have a passenger of yet but the extra luggage is only for long trips. Keeping it simple

Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 AM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

....da TP is handy. I only use mine for 2-up ridin. Most excellent 4 road trips and keepin da Mrs. outta my ear. Yes, its awkard gettin it on/off due 2 its size and the tight mounts. I switch it out along with my touring seat in minutes...and Ive got the air wing spoiler rack hooked up as well.

BTW, I highly recommend goin wif dahidden antenna so as to keep the "quick" detach....actually quick.

Quick Reply: Street Glide...adding a Tour Pack