Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP - Bike Won't Start - ALARM

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
RK_Dave
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP - Bike Won't Start - ALARM

[:@]Ok, I need your help. I have an alarm on my bike, that I know Nothing about. The original owner had it installed, years ago. He only did it, to save on Ins. cost, he never used it. When I bought the bike last year, I just changed the keyfob battery and everything worked great. Now to my problem. I just had a new starter installed and now thebike won't start? I beleive the alarm has disabled the bike? I have no paperwork for the system at all? The keyfob says Nothing on it, is just has an Orange Dog's head, wearing a Spiked collar on it. I thought it was a Bulldog Alarm, but I called them and it's not their system. ANYONE have Any idea, who makes this system? I can't even find the dam Brains of the alarm? Talking to a few alarm guys, they think I need to re-program the system, most likely through the blinker switches (need to add a code).

HELP....

Thanks,
Dave...

Old 06-02-2008, 12:48 PM
johnltex
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP - Bike Won't Start - ALARM

Try this link and see if it matches your key fob. It's just a starter relay cutoff, you may need to re-mate the fob to it, see their support for instructions, or you can try just shaking it real good near the bike, it works off motion.

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/

Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
RK_Dave
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: johnltex

Try this link and see if it matches your key fob. It's just a starter relay cutoff, you may need to re-mate the fob to it, see their support for instructions, or you can try just shaking it real good near the bike, it works off motion.

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/
Nice try, but this is not the company! My logo is just an outlined Bulldogs head, facing straight at you, wearing a spiked collar.

Thanks,
Dave...

Old 06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

You might think about taking it to a reputable mechanic and having all of that alarm stuff removed and returning that part of the bike to stock configuration. In my opinion, the less electronic crap that can disable your bike, the better!

Wishing you the best of luck,

John

Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 PM
RK_Dave
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jpooch00

You might think about taking it to a reputable mechanic and having all of that alarm stuff removed and returning that part of the bike to stock configuration. In my opinion, the less electronic crap that can disable your bike, the better!

Wishing you the best of luck,

John
Exactly what I was thinking. now I just need to find the wiring, brains and any relays and remove it. Then I hope the bike starts again!

Dave...

Old 06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
ihbond
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edited....i saw that you said it was not a bulldog systems..so forget about my comments I made earlier...

Old 06-02-2008, 02:39 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

I think that this is it.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your fuses? Does your system arm itself?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
johnltex
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try and post a pic of the fob, maybe it will jog someones memory..

Old 06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
RK_Dave
Cruiser

OK, it's Not a Bulldog system, I've already called them. Here's the story:
I dropped off the bike with my mech. to get a new starter. After the new starter was installed, the bike Actually started and ran for about 3 seconds, then quit. Then, everytime he turned the ignition ON, the bike would Chirp twice, but the starter will not crank when start button was pressed? He calls me and I tell him, that's not how the Alarm Normally works. I have my wife drop off the keyfob to him. He then hits the disarm button, bike chirps correctly and starter now cranks on start button, but no Spark coming from the Coil? The Alarm will set ok and if the ignition is turned-on, while the alarm is set, the horn goes off (correctly) also the disarm button seems to work correctly. But still, no spark from the coil. We (and a few other alarm friends) seem to think, the Alarm know the Starter was unplugged/removed and has set itself to Lock-out mode. I don't have any manual to reset the Lock-out? Everything else has (Supposedly) been checked. I'm away on business, so I haven't had a look-see for myself yet. I will when I get back on Wednesday and can then send a picture of the keyfob too.

Thanks,
Dave...