Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership careless???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Musician
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 136 Posts
Default dealers stealers

I brought my bike to the dealership I bought it from for the first oil change, and stage one download and SE mufflers.Rode 43 miles home, and the left muffler was just hanging by the clamp. One support bolt was missing and the other was completely unthreaded from the muffler. And to think I paid good money for this. Silly me. Informed the manager about it and he just said that really sucks . too bad. I told him that I paid x dollars for that work, and because of his attitude , I will for free, give them an equal amount of bad advertising.And they would never ever touch my bike again.It's a Harley-it vibrates. Ever hear of a new tool called a 'Torque wrench'? How about lock-tite?Strangely enough, the dealership is now under a new name, new people.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:13 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
This thread is 6 years old.
Didn't realize until it was to late

Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 PM
1CdnHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by piper59
Didn't realize until it was to late
Don't worry about it...doesn't sound like Dealerships have changed much over the years.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Larry Sellnow
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealerships

There is a very good reason I stopped going to dealerships to get any maintenance work done & now use independent shops I run an 89 springer soft tail & most of the time the dealership does not stock any sort of parts for it such as gaskets. Go to an independent shop & they have what I need & if not they have it with in 1-2 days. Prices are better at independent shops & these guys back up their work Example Had stater & rectifier go out was replaced & couple weeks later had charging system issues again these guys spent over 4 hrs tracking the problem & all it cost me was the price of a circuit breaker Would any dealership have done that Especially t when they have 3 weeks a work already in the shop. they still took the time to get my scoot up & running right. Its these independents that actually care about their customers The dealer ships only care about the dollars they get from ya & do not give a dam about proper service.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:30 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
This thread is 6 years old.
Ha Ha now it's 8 years old.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:40 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
Ha Ha now it's 8 years old.
And you could still pick any post from the whole 7 pages ant it would still be true today!
Best post I saw in the whole thing said something like "Dealer only gets it for warranty work and I check behind the tech".
I agree with that!

Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by daharleyrdr
They really dont care!! I went to a New Dealership that just opened in New Jersey, Bayonne! Thas all Im saying! They did me a favor and slipped me in on a Saturday for an oil change! Nice guys!! With Synthetics, $104.00!!\\;
$104? I don't think I paid that much the first time but close I guess. Oh yeah, I did it myself with a chrome oil filter, new gaskets, all Redline synthetics and I bought a tech manual on Flea Bay for $60.
It pays to do as much of the work yourself. Gives me some self-satisfaction of doing the work and also allows me to check out the bike. Bike seems to runs better after I change the fluids and wash her.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:09 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

a friend of mine took his ultra in for a new rear tire and when he picked it up and took off he discovered the wheel was put together without the left rear spacer. almost made it to the highway before all hell broke loose. belt, pulley and other assorted parts wasted. **** happens and i know that, but where was the service writer ? they are suppose to check the repairs and make sure they are done correctly. i wouldn't let a dealer work on my bike unless the engine blows up and it's still under warrenty. i just shudder at the thought of these incompendent people touching it.

Last edited by hardheaded; 07-13-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:09 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Threads like these make me happy to have a good dealer. There slogan is "we're here for you, because of you" and they mean it. To bad dealers are like pizza, some are good, some are ok and some just plain suck.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:15 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

petty hard to follow OP with all the ///////&nbsp and //////&nbsp ////&NBSP. Am I missing something?

Quick Reply: Dealership careless???