Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venting help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
choptop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venting help

Have had oil passing threw seal to primary since I bought the bike in the spring, didn't really notice , had so many issue everytime I went on a ride I was afraid to go more than 25 miles from home,it till I went on 100 mile ride and found over a quart of oil was in primary, took it back to buffoons who built it, put in new seal, went for ride, same thing happened, took it back and found race was bad, said he should have checked it before. from the moment they started it it it was puking oil out of hole in lower right of engine, said the crankcase was full and to just ride it and it would work itself out, well went on 50 mile ride and it puked most of the oil out of the engine.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;My question is this , bike is 1990 Flt w/Ultima 127, they have crankcase vent, venting into oil tank, when I had bike running and pulled top off, it just about blew out of my hand and the oil puking stopped, is the oil tank vented or should the Crankcase vent be vented to the atmosphere ?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I think that the engine was venting into the primary since I owned the bike and now that that is sealed it has all this presure and is blowing the oil out .
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Your thoughts please on venting this.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Thanks
&nbsp\\;
Might add that I have the dip stick/oil temp gage, should I have vented cap ?