Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion: What size sissy bar for '09 Road King Classic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion: What size sissy bar for '09 Road King Classic?

Hey Guys,
Need a detachable sissy bar for my new '09 Road King Classic. What size should I get...short...standard? Is the short too low ya think? I don't want something too tall. What size do you guys have on yours? Pics? Pros/Cons?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 AM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Don't really like any of them for looks

I have the tall sissy bar, which I think provides the best support / comfort for passenger, but I don't think it looks that good and usually take it off (detachable) when I ride alone. I have thought about getting a short or regular to leave on most of the time, but can't bring myself to spend more dollars just for that subtle visual difference. On top of that, I really don't like the look of ANY of the touring backrests as I think the wide shape of the pad isn't as attractive as some of the narrower ones that come on softails for example. The pad that comes on the CVO is a little better, but still not all that attractive to me. Anyone found an aftermarket pad that fits the standard HD sissy bar that they think looks better?

Originally Posted by FXDC Rider
Hey Guys,
Need a detachable sissy bar for my new '09 Road King Classic. What size should I get...short...standard? Is the short too low ya think? I don't want something too tall. What size do you guys have on yours? Pics? Pros/Cons?