Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black out tourers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Einan
Could they be wired to the stock harness as brake and turn only? Not much of an electrical guy
They sell a 2 into 1 converter. I think you need one per side.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:40 AM
FLTpilot
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
They sell a 2 into 1 converter. I think you need one per side.
Actually it's not too hard to make them run/brake/turn depending on the LED's used. Those lights loos like they will grab someone's attention! I have the Harley saddlebag leds and they are pretty weak. If wired according to HDS instructions they are run/brake, but I wanted them run/brake/turn. I unplugged the connector at the back bottom of the fender. The wires that came from under the left side cover down to the running light. Looking back I guess I could have just found the needed wires from the connector under the left cover but it's done now. Anyway, a Service manual is always a great help when working on our rides. There are 2 purple wires you splice into and run them back to your left and right saddlebag/TP LED's to make them "turn".... I spliced into these and then found the correct side and wire from the saddlebag LED's and substituted my new wire for HD's in the provided wire harness. This being the Blacked Out Tourers thread I won't go into detail but it is do-able! Or just use the trailer controller! Don't know much about those...

Attached Thumbnails Black out tourers-image.jpg  

Last edited by FLTpilot; 04-20-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaceReapersNOLA
Looks great man! I really like the blue. You going to powdercoat the enforcers or go aftermarket on the wheels?
I'm going to powder coat the stock wheels. I'll leave the polished faces on the spokes themselves and do the rest of the wheel in gloss black, I think. They will get done when it is time for new tires. Eventually I'll get lower fairing speaker pods and then I'll get the inner fairing and the pods painted vivid black.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:02 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-19-2015, 11:06 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Sweet... 'Nough said!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:20 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

awesome dude! I dont think I've ever seen a blacked out trike, well done!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:29 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

well I'll give you guys an update on my bike. I had the rocker box covers, cam cover, trans side cover and top cover powdercoated gloss black but decided to go full bore jackass and buy the Roland Sands nostalgia black ops rocker box covers, cam cover, trans side and top cover, shifter linkage, master cylinder cover, dip stick cover and derby cover. just waiting on the rocker box covers and trans side cover to show up, should be here tomorrow then it's on! I'm hoping to have all this stuff on and the motor blacked out in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 AM
R_Einan
Road Master

Sounds awesome space, can't wait to see it!

Old 04-20-2015, 11:06 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by R_Einan
Sounds awesome space, can't wait to see it!
thanks, yeah I cant wait to see it too! hahahaha I have stacks of boxes of parts waiting to go on, the weather has been so nice I dont want the bike to be down any longer then it has to be so I'm waiting until everything arrives so I can do it all at once.

Here's a nice shot a friend took yesterday of us about to head out on an afternoon ride. Can you tell my buddies and I like blacked out bikes! hahahaha

Old 04-20-2015, 12:00 PM
R_Einan
Road Master

Know how you feel space, don't want to be down during riding season. Unfortunately, I had an issue with my rear shocks Friday and am still trying to get it fixed. Took my wife for a putt and perforated the air line that runs between the shocks (it came loose from the underside of the fender). Lost air pressure and when it bottomed out I ended up with shock oil all up the inside of my fender, all over my belt and tire, and my swingarm. Not knowing how much was lost I figured I should drain them and refill them, which was a PITA I might add. Trouble is sourcing the air line, nobody local carries it, not even the stinkin dealer. I'll have it back up today one way or another.

Quick Reply: Black out tourers