Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGS in Denim Black

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EGS in Denim Black

Has anyone seen one of these yet? I am curious as to how that color looks on a Toruing Bike. To me it looks great on a Night Train, but that ride has a different personality. I am leaning towards the blue so far. Last time I got a new bike, it was a black Fat Boy. I like the solid black, but when I showed up at the house, my wife said "couldn't you have gotten a more interesting color".

Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh, yeah. They have one at the local dealer with a Klockwerks shield on it. Sick!

I want that bike (with all the options) and a 103 kit. Black cylinders would look super cool on that bike. Flat black exhaust, black levers. Oh, man I'm salivating...

In fact, I'd rather have a Standard with a 103 over a Street Glide. There are far to many Street Glides around here...

Only a couple of months until my Audi lease is up and I can take on the HD payment!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new 09 EGS is Denim Black and I love it! The color is cool, plus, the tank logos are painted on, not decals.

When I brought it home I had every intention of "blacking it out". Now I'm not so sure, because the chrome is a cool contrast to the flat paint. But I agree with you about the black jugs. Kinda gives it that old shovel head look. I did that on my 07 EGS and it looked great.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
IamZardoz
Tourer

Looks like primer to me.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddha96
My new 09 EGS is Denim Black and I love it! The color is cool, plus, the tank logos are painted on, not decals.

When I brought it home I had every intention of "blacking it out". Now I'm not so sure, because the chrome is a cool contrast to the flat paint. But I agree with you about the black jugs. Kinda gives it that old shovel head look. I did that on my 07 EGS and it looked great.
where are the pics?????

Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Man, some pictures of a real one would be great!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Buddha96

I was actually glad they didn't offer the Street Glide in Denim Black or I'd have been sorely tempted to trade up from my '07. Maybe in 2010...

Old 08-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take some photos tonite and try to post them in the morning. Hopefully this new site will be easier to do that on, because I sure ain't any more computer literate than I was with the old site.

And as far as it looking like primer.....um.....yeah.....You don't suppose that was where the whole idea came from do ya?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am blacking out my 99 RK with flat black and you are correct the little bit of chrome makes it stand out cool. Now i am having a guy airbrush on ****** wire pin striping and also airbrush on the POW/MIA and KIA/WIA emblems on my Bags. So far so good the flat paint does look cool.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the asterisc are the word ******

Quick Reply: EGS in Denim Black