Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Road King alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Navygunner
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 09 Road King alarm problem

Greetings everyone.
I am not one for posting on forums much but having used the search engine on this sight and not finding the answer I figured I would give it a go.

Today I hooked up a battery tender harness to my 09 RKC. The install went without a hitch. Routed the wiring cleanly and buttoned everything up. Took the bike for a ride and upon shutting it off watched as the blinkers flashed twice without the chirp. I figured I must have disconnected the siren somehow so decided to put the key fobs out of range and give it a shake to see if it alarmed. To my surprise it chirped and flashed a warning. Anybody have any ideas what I did to make this situation arrise? Any solutions?

Thanks for your replies in advance.
Navygunner

Old 09-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I wish that I had your problem! I just purchased a 2009 FLHRC with security and siren and I want to put it into chirpless mode so it doesnt chip on arm and disarm. I have been unable to do this even though I have repeated the process outlined in the book about 20 times. Try the process listed in your owners manual about switching chip modes, it may work for you. Please let me know if it does.