Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgated by a State Trooper!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 PM
BigdadeeR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Tailgated by a State Trooper!

So the wife and I went to Ocean City bike week for the day on Saturday and had a great time. Couldn't find a place to stay for a reasonable rate so decided to roll home instead of staying. So were on our way home now 20 miles from the house after an almost 400 mile day and we come around one of those big long loops going from one highway to another 695 to 795 to be exact and we're doing 70 once we hit the straight. Next thing I know sombody behind me is pushing me up the road only a few feet off my bumper which I'm now getting pissed about. I double tap the brake lever to give them a hint and that doesn't work so I start to do the slow down thing. Very protective with my wife on board as she had neck surgery 6 months ago. Next thing I know we hear the engine rev up and I start to see the lights going around me 2-3 feet off my bumper and now I'm super pissed. I slide over a little and reach around with my left hand as the cruise control was still off and give this guy the finger which is way out of the norm for me but I'm pissed and kinda tired from riding all day he get's my middle one. As I get my finger out there and see the car go by it's a bright blue and gray shiny new State Police car.

Now this is the part where my wife and I start cracking up. I just flipped of a State Cop who absolutely deserved it. Had I not been laughing I would have gotten his plate and called it in to his commander but we were laughing so hard I didn't even think about it. What a jerk! and all the big signs on the highway say " Share the Road with Motorcycles..." I know their not all like that but I felt good "sticking it to the man" this time...LOL

Know it was a long post and hope you get a good laugh out of it after getting irritated. Probably the only time in my life I'll ever do that, and be justified etc.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

The red light probably just came on at Krispy Kreme and you were in his way. I went down there and back on Saturday as well. State cops all over the place, only rice rockets pulled over tho from what I saw.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:45 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That happened to me in Arizona once.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:11 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Blue and grey.........was that a Virginia trooper?

BTW, tailgating is a serious motor vehicle violation in NJ and will earn a violator 5 points on their license. That puts it right up there with passing a stopped school bus and racing on the highway.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:14 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Ya, and theres alot we can do about a policeman tailgating...not.

Except, when it happened to me I pulled into the slow lane. He pulls me over for tailgating the truck I pulled behind to get out from his bumper.
I asked him if he h ad his camera on. And to ensure he has the film available for the court.
We both decided to part ways without writting this up

Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Mcathcart
Cruiser

You'da Man. Great story. The last one I had behind me didn't tailgate but threw the Blues on.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:57 AM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of those guys drive like maniacs here in Florida but what are going to do, report them? Obviously, he knew he was wrong or he would've pulled you over if for nothing else but to give you a hard time. Glad you got a chance to "stick it to the man".

Old 09-15-2008, 06:14 AM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing worse than a jerk cop. there seams to be alot here.
i have been pulled over for as the cop said looking guilty. doing the speed limit.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:22 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

In all honesty he was a young guy, so he will get better with age. As far as Highway Patrol goes. Ive been pulled over in California, Arizona, and know a couple of guys in Texas. I cant seem to remember other law enforcement types who have a better attitude, just my experience. God only knows why. I know I'd be in jail if I had their job.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:33 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

A couple of weeks ago I followed a Sheriff 10 miles or more doing the same thing to a poor sole.He was so close to this guys bumper that he had to ride his brakes constantly to keep from running into him.Kept thinking about the 2 second rule,should have called that one in.

Quick Reply: Tailgated by a State Trooper!