Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

toy hauler

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
slankard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toy hauler

For those of you with toy haulers what brand do you have? I am looking for one with a bed up front. Before anyone busts my butt, my wife's idea of roughing it is a Motel 6! I love to tent camp but not my wife of 28 years so I can't get rid of her! Also I would like the toy hauler to be the trailer type and heavy duty 1/2 ton towable. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:16 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I love camping. The motorcycles and toy hauler are a natural combination. I have a 35' Weekend Warrior 5th Wheel.

1/2 ton towable toy haulers are available, but they are still pretty heavy. what type of truck do you have? Check the owners manual for the trailer weight rating.

This is a great resource for checking on toy haulers.

http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/in...d/21882413.cfm

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
mmollo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 36 foot Keystone Raptor. It's a 5th wheel, and has the master bedroom in the front. The dually pulls it great. You can pull it with a 3/4 ton, but you will need to put airbags on the truck. If you want to see some pictures of it click on "My Pictures" in my signature.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
LabRat07
Tourer

Probably not what you are looking for, but there are some really good deals out there. We picked up a Damon Outlaw about 2 months ago before our trip out to Sturgis. What a way to travel.

http://www.damonrv.com/motorhomes/outlaw/

Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Ultra007
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This a subject I have studied greatly both for myself and a few friends.
I have a 30 ft Victory Lane, travel trailer style, and love it. It has a separate garage area of 12 ft long. Scaled last year for Sturgis at 11,000 lbs so a 1/2 ton won't budge this thing.
For a 1/2 ton I would think that a smaller unit with a "shared garage" area will fit the bill. You do have to fold the bunks / sofas up to get the bikes in though.
Don't buy something too big because the capacity rating is near the maximum of your truck. It might be able to pull it, but can it pull it easily and safely?
Even for ours, we moved up from a gas motor HD 2500 GMC 4x4 to a Duramax 1 ton crew cab dually 4x4. No comparison!
Good luck and never apologize for a camper as long as you ride the bikes while you are there!

U

Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,739 Likes on 6,891 Posts

7 foot x 20 foot Haulmark Cadet

Not too big and not too small with Torsion axles, easy to see behind, propane, stove, fridge and freezer, air conditioner, toilet, shower, mircowave, flatscreen televison. The sofa's fold up on the side walls to make room for the bike and then fold down together for a full queen bed.

It is all we need and I found a left over 07 model new for $15K out the door.

Very nice product for the money and easy to tow. You can tow it safely with a half ton truck if you use a weight distribution hitch. We use a 3/4 ton Excursion and it does not know it is back there.

Good luck

Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

I have a 29' Keystone tow behind with a seperate garage. Double bedr..oom in front and a double over the garage. Pulls real good with my Chevy HD2500, not too sure how it would do with a 1/2 ton. It has plenty of room for 2 bikes.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 PM
bbissell
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

I have a 40ft fuzion with a 12ft garage on it. It is made by keystone, they make alot of different ones and i think the quality is pretty good. We use ours as a home during the summer at the lake and for going to the dunes. Do your research and make sure your truck can handle it. I have had a couple of different weekend warriors also. Nice trailers but very heavy and now out of biz.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Emporers New Clothes
Cruiser

where are you located I have a 29ft Ragen Toy Hauler for sale for 15000.00 value before the market took a turn was 25000. now I just want some dough for it so 15000. it has a queen size bed in the front and a drop down queen in the back it has a full kitchen bathroom with shower it has an onan 4000 generator Gas station so you can fill your bikes. I have added the easy up front lift for the tongue and upgraded the scissor lifts. kewl thing is 14x9 garage when in route and when unloaded just like home for up to 8 people but for a couple of you hell you could live in this thing.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 PM
dagnabit9
Cruiser

I have a 33' Keystone Raptor FW that I pull with my F250...lots of room and plenty of storage in the garage!

Quick Reply: toy hauler