Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering purchase of motorcycle lift table, opinions.......

Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 AM
hogdoctor
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, the bestway spins round and round all day long. It's an air over hydraulic system so it goes up and down very smoothly. The plate lands about 1-1/2 inches high from the floor when at the bottom, but I would sink it so it lands flush if I could in my own garage. At full height I can sit on my rollaround chair and I'm about eyeball height level with the axles. I swiss cheezed my plate so I have holes for bolt access, I can put any bike up and strip it to the frame, and put it back together complete without ever putting the lift down. For a professional, it's the only way to fly.

Hogdoctor

Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, this "lift" topic sure is popular as of late. I recommend the Handy lift as I can attest to it's quality, it really is top notch. As stated previously, go look at what kind of lifts are at the dealer svc dept, there's a reason why they are "Handy".
Love the look & function of the inground post lift and certainly agree with it's space saving qualities but that brings memories of my wrenching days and fighting hydraulic leaks, etc on in-ground lifts.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
46knuck
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 27 Posts

The Bestways looks really the ultimate but,I am leaning to the handy lift because it is more mobile for me. I may be moving in a couple years or less. I am thinking the drop out rear floor would be a superior option for changing tires, so you don't have to jack up the rear so much. Am I making too much of this concept?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Playx3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christmas Came and went NO lift!!! Birthday Came what did I get a Card that I was ignoring as it set in the end table next to my chair!
She ask if I was going to read the card so I opened it read it said thanks put it on the table! She says maybe you should read the back of it too, Instructions to go to HF and pick up my life that she had bought I WAS OUT THE DOOR.
Put it together including the updated wheel chock the Ultra fit it great

Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 622 Likes on 452 Posts

There is some beautiful equipment described in here. For those on a more limited budget, I use a regular motorcycle lift and sit on my creeper for most maintenance functions. No sore back or tired feet. Just a different way to attack staying comfortable during maintenance.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Handy table. I like the portability of it and the fact that there's a place to put some of the parts (as well as tools) that come off of the bike. Add a scissor jack and the possibilities are endless.
I bought the SAM 1000 while there was a 'sale' for $700 - it has the rear wheel drop-out slot (that I never use so I put a couple of screws in it to keep it in place).
It can also be widened so you can work on your riding lawnmower or quad. Very handy - pun intended.
No it doesn't spin - not a necessary function since I can be on the other side of the bike in less than three steps.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 AM
mnr60
Cruiser
Default Lift

I have a bestway lift that I am going to put in my toy garage when I build it.
Plan on starting when the weather warms up.
As hogdoctor says, The plate lands about 1-1/2 inches high from the floor when at the bottom, but I would sink it so it lands flush if I could in my own garage.
My plan is to sink it deep enough to have a 1/4" plate sit flush with the floor so there is no tripping hazard when not in use.
I got three lifts (new) from a dealer that built a new shop and didn't install all that they had, so I am going to sell two of them.

Attached Thumbnails Considering purchase of motorcycle lift table, opinions.......-bestway-lift.jpg  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 AM
styndryinwa
Cruiser

Thats a bad *** shop bro good for you wish i was your neighbor