Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hah, Sometimes I just dont get it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hah, Sometimes I just dont get it...

Ive got a pretty nice Street Glide IMO. its got a glutton of horsepower, ive chromed everything on it, XM radio and a danny grey solo seat. I straight up love the bike. I never get compliments on it, which is fine with me. I dont ride for compliments, I ride to tour as much as I can get the time for.

Ive also got a fatboy, and everytime I ride it It gets noticed, even tho its just a stock 88 with drag bars and a different seat. Every other day I get "man, I love this bike way better than that other POS you had" or "don't you love this bike way more than that other bike with the big plastic thing up front? (faring). It makes me laugh. I dont think most people have a friggin clue.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Birdman143
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same thing when I got rid of my Wide glide and got my street glide. It was the correct choice for me and I really dont care what anyone else thinks.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 AM
TheBreeze521
Cruiser

First, nice SG!!

Second, I test rode a 09 SG this past weekend and loved everything about it EXCEPT the big plasticy visuals to the rider. My Heritage dishes out a way better pure MC experience than that SG does--it just doesn't have all the niceties like radio, 6-gallon tank, ABS, hard bags, smooth ride, the list goes on.

I'm going to do just what you did and have both and I don't give a rat's rear if I never get a compliment. I'll know.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, since you never do, that's a BAD A$$ SG you got there, I like it much better than the other POS!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds to me like you "get it" and those others who only compliment your Fat Boy don't "get it". Ride on and be happy.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 306 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
Ive got a pretty nice ___________ IMO.
That is what matters.

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
I don't think most people have a friggin clue.
I agree

Old 10-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

Who cares...What others think.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice Street Glide man! I wish I could have a Fat Boy and a Street glide!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
timvan
Road Warrior

I get the same thing when I ride the Bourget vs the Ultra.. Only my friends with baggers understand the pure pleasure of riding with a fairing/windscreen vs riding a fat tire long low and loud custom.

Its like driving a Lexus vs a Ferrari, Ferrari is nice to look at and gets complements...but would you want to take it on a long trip or do the wrenching required to keep it at 100% for daily use?

Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Many of us do understand what you are saying. To each their own. I like you SG, looks awesome.
I have an 07 Ultra with a lot of added chrome and other goodies, it's the bike I prefer and an 04 Honda VTX that I converted into a interstate, to me it's is a great looking bike.
I get a lot more attention when I am on the Honda than my Ultra. I get more waves when riding and always get questions about it. Even the HD riders wave more when I am on the Honda, go figure.

Quick Reply: hah, Sometimes I just dont get it...