Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baker Plus 1 oil pan? Anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Done both on my build.
Baker +1
Crash bar oil cooler

Instead of using the Jagg oil filter mount...S&S makes a really nice billet oil filter mount that is tapped to run external lines. I used braided oil lines and fittings for a clean look.

I'll post a couple pics.

Attached Thumbnails Baker Plus 1 oil pan? Anyone??-hpim0332.jpg  

Last edited by BadPiggy; 10-13-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell for ****! LOL
Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

S&S oil filter housing

Attached Thumbnails Baker Plus 1 oil pan? Anyone??-hpim0323.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a few more pics if you need to see them.
The S&S oil filter housing is available through your Drag Specialties distributor...as well as the braided fittings & braided lines.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Rethy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking S&S billet adapter

Whoa BadPig that adapter is nice . I looked for an S&S part# and could not find it. Is it offset enough to clear the voltage regulator? I noticed yours was not on in the picture. If it does I like the option better than the Jagg I used-it had a tendency to leak after oil changes being a 2 piece unit. They make a cheasy bracket to address it now but your adapter looks to be a better option. Part#?????? Rethy

Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rethy
Whoa BadPig that adapter is nice . I looked for an S&S part# and could not find it. Is it offset enough to clear the voltage regulator? I noticed yours was not on in the picture. If it does I like the option better than the Jagg I used-it had a tendency to leak after oil changes being a 2 piece unit. They make a cheasy bracket to address it now but your adapter looks to be a better option. Part#?????? Rethy
S&S Part Number: 31-6510

The bracket is also available through Drag Specialties and if your Indy gives a discount, it'll be cheaper through them. The cost of this bracket is comparable to the Jagg oil filter mount. I had no probs with touching the voltage regulator as the bracket length is the same as stock. The tapped holes are in the bottom of the bracket.

The plumbing I used is also available through Drag. I can't help with those part numbers though, but they'll be in the "Oil" section of the Fatbook.

Drag Specialties Part Number: 0712-0059

Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's 1 more pic of the mount. You can see that it sits pretty much in the stock location. You can also see the plumbing.

If I knew how to get more pics in my gallery, I'd gladly post all my mod pics there.

Attached Thumbnails Baker Plus 1 oil pan? Anyone??-hpim0322.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just get an account on www.photobucket.com for all your pics, that I too would like to see. It is free and easy to use as well. Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming, I am doing the engine bar cooler idea now

Old 10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Watching with interest. Good info from all. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
Just get an account on www.photobucket.com for all your pics, that I too would like to see. It is free and easy to use as well. Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming, I am doing the engine bar cooler idea now
When tapping the crash bar, be sure to get it CLEAN!
I don't own a pressure washer so I went to the car wash and blasted about $6 bucks in quarters through it. It was a bitch getting those 1" quarters through that 1/4" hole...but I did it!
To clean the crash bar I used the KREEM tank stuff but didn't use the white liner.
Steps A & B of the Kreem kit are available separate from the tank liner. I used both A & B.
I used this to insure there was no residual rust inside the crash bar.

To tap the bar you'll need a 1/4" NPT tap. Important...NPT!!! And if you're not aware, you don't run the tap all the way in. The NPT threads are tapered and will eventually tighten/seal.
I didn't use any pipe thread sealant or pipe tape.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

One last thing...
Total cost for my oil cooler setup was about $175.
This included the mount, braided lines and AN fittings, KREEM cleaner.

I think if you purchased the Jagg setup it would be around $300 for the mount and 10 row cooler.

Also guys...I used the braided lines and AN fittings for a clean look.
The regular oil line fittings and rubber lines will work just fine and should save you about $40 bucks.

Quick Reply: Baker Plus 1 oil pan? Anyone??