Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick disconnect Rack and backrest?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
wkenddad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quick disconnect Rack and backrest?

I have a 2009 Ultra.
Had the quick disconnect installed so I could remove the tour pack for short rides.
I was hoping that if I rode without the tour pack I could connect a rack/backrest combo.
After the install the dealer said that I would have to purchase "forward" mounting point kit.
That the mouting hardware for the tourpack was not compatible with the backrests.

Does anyone know of a Harley or after market company that makes a rack/backrest combo that would mount to the existing quick disconnect?

Going the way Harley wants me to go costs over $600.00

Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like if the dealer installed this , you're all set for anything you hang on your bike.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
The previous years required a front and rear (separate) docking kits for two up tour pack and passenger backrest.
Looks like the 09's only need the one kit for anything , if I'm reading this right.
This is the 4 point setup , 54205-09 , looks like this would "do it all" for you.
Mick

Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
09RoadGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wkenddad
I have a 2009 Ultra.
Had the quick disconnect installed so I could remove the tour pack for short rides.
I was hoping that if I rode without the tour pack I could connect a rack/backrest combo.
After the install the dealer said that I would have to purchase "forward" mounting point kit.
That the mouting hardware for the tourpack was not compatible with the backrests.

Does anyone know of a Harley or after market company that makes a rack/backrest combo that would mount to the existing quick disconnect?

Going the way Harley wants me to go costs over $600.00
Dealer is nuts. If you have a 09 all you need it the four point docking kit which is required for the TP mount. Ive had both the backrest on and the TP mount on at the same time. (I havent bought the TP yet, just the mount)

Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
wkenddad
Tourer

Originally Posted by 09RoadGlide
Dealer is nuts. If you have a 09 all you need it the four point docking kit which is required for the TP mount. Ive had both the backrest on and the TP mount on at the same time. (I havent bought the TP yet, just the mount)
Which back rest parts did you use?
Also where does the sissy bar connect in the front?
I see the read portion of the bar mounts to the lead portion of the tourpack qiuck dissconnect, but where does the leading portion of the back rest mount?