Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak for '08 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:42 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuelpak for '08 Ultra

Just ran across a deal for a Vance and Hines Fuelpak For $216.95 with free shipping from Eastern Performance. My bike has the Stage 1 upgrade with Vance and Hines Big Shot Duals.

Does this sound like a good deal, and will it do everything as advertised? From what I can gather by searching online it seems to be a good fuel management system.

Any body out there running this setup that can give me any input or advice?

Old 06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
vette
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Fuelpak for '08 Ultra

I have that same setup on my 08 very happy with it also easy to install

Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM
norskehd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased the V&H Fuelpak from Eastern - waiting for the 1000 mile check up before I install it. Thinking of doing the stage 1 ECM upgrade and a SE air filter at the 1000 mile check up - then I will install the Fuelpak. Figured I would have the stage 1 done in case the Fuelpak fails with the SE high flow air filter installed - I can remove the fuel Pak and still have the correct ECM setup for a high flow air filter.

2008 Anniversary Ultra Classic

Old 06-01-2008, 05:51 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoping I can tune that slight decel pop out of it and cool it down a little bit. Got a trip in July up through Colorado to Moab Utah and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I want to get it fine tuned before dealing with the temperature and elevation changes involved in making the trip.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

They retail at 280! I paid $250 then looked on Eastern and saw that. I like mine really easy to install and did what was promised.
I messed around a bit and changed the setting to one thatwas close but alittle richer and the bike had alittle more power threw the curve but I changed it back .

Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: norskehd

I have purchased the V&H Fuelpak from Eastern - waiting for the 1000 mile check up before I install it. Thinking of doing the stage 1 ECM upgrade and a SE air filter at the 1000 mile check up - then I will install the Fuelpak. Figured I would have the stage 1 done in case the Fuelpak fails with the SE high flow air filter installed - I can remove the fuel Pak and still have the correct ECM setup for a high flow air filter.

2008 Anniversary Ultra Classic
The fuel pax will do it's job provided there is a map or your personal set up.
Meaning ac, pipes. There is not a map for stock pipes that I am aware of. Before doing a download try the fuel pax first. If there is not a map then do the down load. you can check maps at http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html for the set up you are planing to use. Might save you a few $$$

Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

There is a map for stage 1

Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a great fuel management device. Easy to install. You can install it and there is a map for the HD Stage 1 download. FYI those of you thinking of getting one there is no need to get the Fuelpak and a Stage 1. That is a waste of money. The Fuelpak will do everything for you. In your case you already have the Stage 1 download.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
capman98
Cruiser

Does anyone know if the V&H fuel pak still uses the O2 sensors for live correction or is it just whatever the program is??

Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by capman98
Does anyone know if the V&H fuel pak still uses the O2 sensors for live correction or is it just whatever the program is??
The Fuelpak retains the O2 sensors, however the Fuelpak cannot make adjustments below approx 40% throttle on O2 sensor equipped models. What this means is that in this area your bike will not run any different that stock, as the O2 sensors will continue to set the AFR at 14.7:1 which is extremely lean contributing to high engine temps, poor throttle response, etc.. This is a problem as this is the most crucial area that needs to be tuned. V&H has not been completely forthcoming with providing this information. That aside, the Fuelpak has shown to work for some riders, has some unique features and the do have tech support available.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: Fuelpak for '08 Ultra