Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quadzilla or Dragonfly??

Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Big Jake
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Quadzilla or Dragonfly??

Been thinking about getting a detachable fairing. What are the pros and cons of the Quadzilla or Drangonfly? Please post pics if you have one or the other.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about Dead Center or Tsukayu?

Old 11-16-2008, 10:17 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on my Dead Center Fairing. Couldn't possibly be happier. You might consider them as well. Picture below.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:23 PM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
+1 on my Dead Center Fairing. Couldn't possibly be happier. You might consider them as well. Picture below.
I'm in full agreement with bigsky only he used the wrong name i think he ment the quadzilla(lol)

Old 11-16-2008, 11:36 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Buck, you're probably right, because I think that most all of these will do a great job. I love the look of yours. My rationale for going with the Dead Center was pretty simple. 1. I wanted it to lock. 2. I wanted to be able to use all HD accessories if I wanted. and 3. MOST IMPORTANT....Price... I got a great deal on a "like new" Dead Center Fairing that the guy just didn't like the look on his Road King. It was painted, front and inside, and had the Sirius Sat subscription paid for a year. Couldn't afford to pass it up. I suspect that any of these aftermarket fairings will perform similarly as they are all pretty much the same. So I guess in the long run, it comes down to taste. This one tasted pretty good for the price I paid for it, and therefore the endorsement.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you really had a choice, I would only pick Dead Center.

They are lockable and you can remove and install in seconds.

Quadzilla or Drangonfly mentioned bolt on and off units.

If you wanted to draw straws between Quadzilla or Drangonfly, I've spoke to all and pre-sales service has by far between Quadzilla and Drangonfly has my vote for Quadzilla HANDS DOWN over Dragonfly.

But don't sell yourself short at least look at Dead Center Cycles, they offer a top of the line product, and have provided me nothing short of Superior Pre and Post sales service.

http://www.deadcentercycles.com/

Old 11-17-2008, 07:04 AM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I shopped around during Daytona Bike Week this March and came away with the Quadzilla. It just look like a better quality product to me.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an after market fairing on my Heritage and now have a Street Glide.

Having had both, I would recommend anything that has thumb controls as it is a pain to reach up and swap stations, turn up volume, etc.

Also, detachable face plates on stereos can cause problems if you plan to plug in a mp3 player. After some vibration from a motorcycle, the face plate does not maintain good contact.

I was about to drop a H-D Hardon Karmon in my Heritage then I decided to just trade up.

Hope this helps...

Oh, and be sure speakers are waterproof, marine grade....

Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Superglide 04
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ram
If you really had a choice, I would only pick Dead Center.

They are lockable and you can remove and install in seconds.

http://www.deadcentercycles.com/
Tsukayu is also lockable, like the Dead Center. I went with the Tsukayu (price being the main reason) and I'm happy with the product, the only mistake I made was having them paint it. The metal flake on my bike is a redish color and their paint had a silver metal flake.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 AM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey there

Kuryakyn is about to release one. Unlike any other clip on that I know of, the Kury one will have a lockable glove box (plus a radio and speakers). They should should be selling these in January. They have been showing the prototype at major rallies all year--anyone else see it?

PEZ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quadzilla or Dragonfly??