Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG to the resue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 05:22 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking HOG to the resue

We took a run to St. Augustine today. I did a dumb **** and left the ignition on. Two hours later no start.

Called HOG and went through their verification BS. A half hour later a truck shows up and gives me a jump and we are on our way home to Orlando. Sometimes it does work like it is supposed to!!

I've seen so many negative posts that I was expecting a long wait, but I was pleasently surprised!!

Old 11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

Glad it worked for you. I had a similar problem, called HOG, and was told that the dealership in town would close in 15 minutes and they would not be able to do anything until the next day. I told them I just needed to be jump started. They told me they could not do this, but they could send a wrecker and transport my bike to the dealer to be jump started the next day. I jump started it myself and went on my way.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 PM
geedee
Advanced

I've had to use them once also...Drive belt cut battery cable...took about 20min for tow truck, I was 10 miles from harley shop..30min later I was on my way...

Old 11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

heres a tip for you southern guys not much need for a battery tender but the pigtail for it has come in usfull for charging dead battery without pullin the seat on the road

Old 11-23-2008, 08:06 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
heres a tip for you southern guys not much need for a battery tender but the pigtail for it has come in usfull for charging dead battery without pullin the seat on the road
And not only that, here's another tip too. You can get alligator clips that are wired to the battery tender connection so if you ever do need a jump (or need to jump another bike) you simply plug into the quick disconnect and have the alligator clips to hook up to the car / truck or MC battery. It's a good thing to carry if you already have the battery tender wired to your own bike. The alligator clips usually come with the Battery Tender when you buy it. At least, they did on mine.

I myself wouldn't call HOG for a jump. I'd get er' done somehow myself quicker.

Last edited by RODEO; 11-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Way to go Rick O'shay! You just reminded me that I need to put the short pair of jumper cables I made up for just that reason...back in my saddlebags. I have never needed them myself...but I would hate to miss the opportunity to get someone else back on the road for such a simple need.
(Besides.....always need a reason to go to St. Aug.! LOL)

Chuck

Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Default Hog

Originally Posted by cchips
Glad it worked for you. I had a similar problem, called HOG, and was told that the dealership in town would close in 15 minutes and they would not be able to do anything until the next day. I told them I just needed to be jump started. They told me they could not do this, but they could send a wrecker and transport my bike to the dealer to be jump started the next day. I jump started it myself and went on my way.
Dropped them had flat first 50 mi from home 3 times called with no help they do not return phone calls
finally they took me of hold told me dealer was closing in 1 hour and had no one to come out on that short notice. Call back tomorrow

next dead battery in Ten. Saturday same thing call back monday they are closing. got a jump got home

called monday to ask why service was hard to get. i asked for the manager got a female with foreign accent she said for what you pay you will get service when the dealer is open.
you can call a local tow we will reimburse a reasonable fee. I said thank you and hung up
Renewal notice came i threw it away i received 4 more the last one had threatening notice that i would be canceled. So i called them to make sure they did i was offered a discount and maybe better service.
I also did not receive my HOG tales the last year

Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp

I have HOG and just as a back up (cause we have them for other vehicles too), I have AAA...

I would probably be more confident in AAA

Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
rfultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like some of you guys, i have heard good and bad about the HOG towing, etc. My only experience with HOG was when my bike stopped running and i called them for a tow. Within 20 minutes a tow company called me, and within another 15 minutes they were at my location loading my bike, and taking it to the dealer. i never seen a bill, or anything negitave at all about the whole deal. In fact, HOG called me back to make sure they picked my bike up as promised. 1st time..... good. Next time...... ???

Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
jimmything
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That's why I don't use the kill switch to cut the bike off, cuz you can accidently leave your ignition switch on. Just use the ignition switch to turn off everything all at once.

Quick Reply: HOG to the resue