Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Pig Slip-ons Baffle Size Question???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Beach Bagger
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wild Pig Slip-ons Baffle Size Question???

I'm wanting to purchase (actually have my wife purchase for me for Christmas) a set of Wild Pig slip-on mufflers for my 09 FLHRC but I'm wondering which baffle size I should get. My father in law has a set with the 2.5'' baffles which he bought for his 05 FLHRC. He had true duals on his 05 and they sounded great. He recently traded in the 05 and put the Wild Pigs on his new 09 FLHX with the stock head pipes and now they sound "hollow". I imagine that it has something to do with the crossover in the stock head pipe. I'm planning on putting a set of V&H Dresser Duals on along with the Wild Pigs, so I don't think that mine will sound hollow. What I am wondering is if the 2.5'' baffles open up the exhaust too much. I'm also going to be installing SE heavy breather and a PC V (when it is released). Any thoughts?

Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The normal baffle size is 1 3/4", that gives you a good sound while maintaining back pressure to give you good low-end torque.

Going to 2.5" baffles is going to increase the sound, but reduce the back pressure a lot and kill your low-end power.

If your motor is stock, I would recommend the 1 3/4" baffles.

Steve

Old 12-02-2008, 05:43 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have both the 1 3/4 inch baffles as well as 2 1/2 inch baffles. I am running stock header pipes and prefer the sound of the 1 3/4 inch baffles due to I can hear the radio while riding but still have enough growl to get attention. Like you stated with the 2 1/2 baffles in it does sound hollow to me also. Baffles are easily purchased so I would get the 1 3/4 inch baffles and when you change your header pipes I would then order a pair of 2 1/2's. I don't know if you know it or not but Rush and Wild Pig baffles are interchangable so you can use either one.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 AM
SlimsSG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have the 2" baffles in the ones pictured here - and they sound very good to me. Nice deep sound, not hollow. I also have V&H true dual header pipes. I just took these mufflers off and replaced them with the Reinhart black ceramic ones - to go with the look of bike (the only reason). I'm selling this set of wild pigs if interested.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I may be wrong because I don't have any personal experience with the Pigs.

But, you have a new '09 RK. You will spend the money on V&H duals, and new AC...and you are putting "budget" mufflers on your ride?

Wouldn't you want to finish it off with something top notch...just like the rest of your bike?

Just my $0.02.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry pumba spending big bucks doesnt always mean quality. case in point rineharts are big bucks with the lowest increase in power! do the research, wild pigs are quality sound well built american made products by a co. that isnt looking to get rich off every pipe they sell.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
SlimsSG
Tourer

If you don't have any "experience" with the pigs - than how "confident" are you in your statement that they are budget mufflers? Just because their price is much lower than most doesn't necessarily mean quality has been sacrificed. Other threads on this board have reviewed wild pigs and most everyone that has owned a pair have been extremely favorable towards them.

I myself have experience with them and Reinharts on my bagger - and the pigs were just as good from a sound, and quality standpoint. Reinharts simply had the black look I wanted, nothing more, nothing less.

Don't judge a book by its cover...

Just my .02

Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
pokeraddict
Cruiser

I have the 1 3/4" baffles and love the sound.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

had 2 inch on RKC pc11 and k&n filter stock headpipe they are a good slip on mine were seconds for 160$ couldnt figure out why they were seconds although the 2 inch sounded good i think with stock head pipe 1-3/4 woulda ben better. they are GOODpipes at a REASONABLE cost

Old 12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

most all aftermarket slipons sound alot deeper but not much quieter with the "quiet baffels"

Quick Reply: Wild Pig Slip-ons Baffle Size Question???