Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheeldock EZup center stand

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:49 PM
forskip
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Wheeldock EZup center stand

Just received my center stand. It does not fit 09 Ultra Glide without modification. The bracket under the transmission must be drilled or cut in order for the EZ stands screw and bolt to align. After that slight modification it works as described. I have no complaints. It took about 1 hour to install.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by forskip
Just received my center stand. It does not fit 09 Ultra Glide without modification. The bracket under the transmission must be drilled or cut in order for the EZ stands screw and bolt to align. After that slight modification it works as described. I have no complaints. It took about 1 hour to install.

Anyone else have this issue on an '09 Touring Model???? With my luck lately, I don't want any more surprises when installing aftermarket items....

Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a. did you buy the right stand?
b. have you talked to:
Rod B.
President/Wheeldock Co.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members/63186-vrodb.html

Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh great. I thought it was going to be a quick mod with only 1 bolt, not take an hour with cutting or drilling existing brackets.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forskip,
What was the part number for the stand you installed?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
forskip
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the "09 Center Stand". Also spoke with rep at Wheeldock. They informed me that they have not done much with the 09. He suggested that I use a rubber mallet to knock the brace forward.
On a scale of 1 to 5, I would describe the difficulty as being a "1". This is a product that I would highly recommend.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

I received the "09 Center Stand". Also spoke with rep at Wheeldock. They informed me that they have not done much with the 09. He suggested that I use a rubber mallet to knock the brace forward.
On a scale of 1 to 5, I would describe the difficulty as being a "1". This is a product that I would highly recommend.
Not sure I'm following, they haven't sold much, they haven't spent much time on development, ???

So if you install using a rubber mallet you don't need to drill out?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Rod told me they spent a lot of hours on R&D.
Guess I will find out when I get it

Old 12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

STOP DRILLING! I installed one last night and the only trick needed was to spread the stand open a bit and stuff a rag into the gap. Once you do this everything slides smoothly into place. Without this, the foot pad hits the exhaust crossover pipe during the initial phase of installation.
When the foot pad is out of the way it drops in smoothly. If you drilled you probably have the stand in the wrong place. Everyone with an '09 needs to know this. I'm really impressed with the stand but you need to know this trick to install it properly.
If something doesn't fit the first time, for Pete's sake don't start drilling and hacking.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jberg
STOP DRILLING! I installed one last night and the only trick needed was to spread the stand open a bit and stuff a rag into the gap. Once you do this everything slides smoothly into place. Without this, the foot pad hits the exhaust crossover pipe during the initial phase of installation.
When the foot pad is out of the way it drops in smoothly. If you drilled you probably have the stand in the wrong place. Everyone with an '09 needs to know this. I'm really impressed with the stand but you need to know this trick to install it properly.
If something doesn't fit the first time, for Pete's sake don't start drilling and hacking.
Thanks Jberg, that makes me feel A LOT better! I'll be putting mine on this weekend, I'll post my impressions after I'm done.

Quick Reply: Wheeldock EZup center stand