Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am SO excited! Keepin' our fingers crossed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am SO excited! Keepin' our fingers crossed.

Well, it's been decided. We got our beautiful 2005 Heritage Softail Classic on ebay now and it's met reserve with 2 more days to go. I'm trading in my 2008 Sportster to the dealer we got it from for the MSRP we paid. (the new incentive where you can trade your 07, 08. or 09 Sportster for MSRP when trading up to a big twin) And if the deal comes through on our Heritage we will soon be new owners of a 2009 Ultra Classic!! This is something we have been thinking about for a long time and we decided to just go ahead and do it. We have longed to be on a nice ride like that with the tunes and all comfy....so we are excited to say the least. Our first choice will be the black color.

We had my Sportster on ebay, but I yanked it off there as soon as I found out about the HD incentive deals going on.

Quite honestly, Ultras did not appeal to us until about a year and a half ago and then BAM!!!!! They became the sexiest thing on this planet. Funny how one's perception of things changes.

So....maybe you're wondering how I will ride my own now with no bike? I'm once again taking up residence on the back. This is by my choice. My desire to ride my own and be a passenger changes ever so often, but my desire to ride NEVER changes.

I hope you all don't mind my coming here and asking lots of questions and also my husband Allyn.

Merry Christmas to all!!! Looking forward to being one of you!

Old 12-25-2008, 05:58 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

Welcome to the dark side

Old 12-25-2008, 06:02 PM
lottinala
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will enjoy the new ride, after the first ride you will not even think about the sportster. the tunes is one of the best part plus taking those long trips will be a breeze with the ultra. congrays on the new bike.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:28 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Quite honestly, Ultras did not appeal to us until about a year and a half ago and then BAM!!!!! They became the sexiest thing on this planet. Funny how one's perception of things changes.
All part of being human.... what suits you at 20 doesn't intrest you later....
Untill I bought the RG, I'd have laughed at you for thinking I'd be on one..... go figure

Old 12-25-2008, 08:32 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Good deal! Felt about like you on liking the Ultra. Have mt Deuce and was pleased until I really started looking and now there's nothing like it (Also got a 09 Ulta), now the Deuce hardly gets out of the garage. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Welcome! Hope you guys get as much enjoyment out of your Ultra as we do!

Old 12-25-2008, 10:03 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Congratulations. Glad you both are happy about it all. Tommorrow maybe the day for us as new Ultra owners. Trading the King. Wife is not ready to give up her Heritage, yet. Now this past summer she rode again as a passenger with me and we had a great time. With the Ultra I think she will be riding with me again on many of our trips planned. Time will tell, she really enjoys riding her own.

Rhonda, don't forget pictures!

Old 12-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, I hope it all works out for you. I love my Bagger !

Old 12-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Congrats!

Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Slacker8
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We took the plunge a little over a month ago from a Street Bob and we haven't looked back yet. Only bad part was we traded in a bad part of the year - weather stinks. Although, we are going to have 70 degree temps tomorrow and are planning on doing at least 300 miles - can't wait. Trust me you won't regret the decision you are making!

***PS - you'll find the crowd here a lot more mature and forgiving!

Quick Reply: I am SO excited! Keepin' our fingers crossed.