Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J & S Jack

Old 12-28-2008, 09:24 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If indeed something could/can be put together there would be a group buy thread started. Group buys don't always work out, you might have 30 folks that say they want one, but when it comes time to pay up there might not be but three or four that show the money so they have to wait till they meet that minimum group buy number that a company sets, that's why even if they were a sponsor already it could take several days to a week or two or more sometimes to get a group buy together.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:34 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John TN
If indeed something could/can be put together there would be a group buy thread started. Group buys don't always work out, you might have 30 folks that say they want one, but when it comes time to pay up there might not be but three or four that show the money so they have to wait till they meet that minimum group buy number that a company sets, that's why even if they were a sponsor already it could take several days to a week or two or more sometimes to get a group buy together.
I will be watching to see if they come up with something for us. In the meantime, however long it is it is and appreciate you checking into it!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
10% or 20% or Free Shipping would be nice.

Try this, "If you don't have something constructive or nice to say, then please don't say anything" and see if that works for you.

We managed a nice discount from Wheeldock for their EZ-UP Center Stand, but I guess you missed that promotion.
Excuse me sir, there is something brown on your lips.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:45 AM
vette
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I like my Harbor Freight jack

Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captjon37
Excuse me sir, there is something brown on your lips.

Again, another one with nothing constructive to say but guys like you do what you do best I guess...

Last edited by RODEO; 12-28-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Scooter308
Cruiser

Out of curiosity are you a sponsor? you keep promoting a non sponsor?

What is this? I've tried to work with ya on this and you want to be disrespectful, you contact the jack company and talk them into becoming a sponsor then you can put together all the group buys you want to with them, that's the key issue on doing a group buy, they must be a sponsor here first how many times do you need me to say that, as I already did in your other thread, I dont' make the rules here, I'm just a messenger.

I spent three hours of my non payed time here yesterday putting together PM's to you (you did read it), admin, other members and replying to posts in your thread along with others, trying to get something going for ya, it don't happen at the snap of a finger, there's channels it has to go through,,,,, the jack company first has to want to be a sponsor here, they might not be interested, they might, they might give a discount they might not, I'm still waiting on a reply from the person that handles the sponsors, it takes time for stuff like this, hell this is the weekend give me a break.
I responded to that thread, I didn't take it as a call to set up a non-complying group buy, I took it as a how many people are interested so we can approach J&S and get them to become a site sponsor type of post.

If a bunch of guys said "Hell yes" I would think that J&S would join up and help the forum, but that is just this guys opinion, I plan to buy a J&S soon and if I can save some cash and help out the forum and J&S in the process everyone wins.

Scott

Old 12-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curiosity, how much is a J&S jack typicaly, with shipping?

Old 12-28-2008, 02:21 PM
cw4530
6th Gear

339.00 plus 47.46 S&H

Old 12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Out of curiosity are you a sponsor? you keep promoting a non sponsor?

What is this? I've tried to work with ya on this and you want to be disrespectful, you contact the jack company and talk them into becoming a sponsor then you can put together all the group buys you want to with them, that's the key issue on doing a group buy, they must be a sponsor here first how many times do you need me to say that, as I already did in your other thread, I dont' make the rules here, I'm just a messenger.

I spent three hours of my non payed time here yesterday putting together PM's to you (you did read it), admin, other members and replying to posts in your thread along with others, trying to get something going for ya, it don't happen at the snap of a finger, there's channels it has to go through,,,,, the jack company first has to want to be a sponsor here, they might not be interested, they might, they might give a discount they might not, I'm still waiting on a reply from the person that handles the sponsors, it takes time for stuff like this, hell this is the weekend give me a break.
Wow. Just got back online and read this thread. Since you asked me some questions, I figure it would be respectful to give you the answers.

1) I am not a sponsor and I am not promoting a non-sponsor. I did not even start the post. I do however support and promote the original post by SNS that asked the simple question of who might be interested in getting a good deal on a specific product.

2) As far as promoting non-sponsors, people promote non-sponsors EVERY single day on this forum. Sears, Zumo, Rinehart, Chicago Harley, etc, etc, etc just to name a few. So if I understand your rule correctly, you don’t have any problem at all with people promoting products from non-sponsors. You just don’t want people promoting group buying of those products.

3) I was NOT disrespectful. I simply asked why the thread was deleted. Then there was another post by someone else (not me) trying to get a 10 people from this forum together to buy 10 Harleys at a group discount. So I simply asked if Harley was a forum sponsor. Apparently you didn’t like these two questions and so you decided I was disrespectful. I don't see it that way so I'm afraid that's going to have to be your problem.

4) I did read your PM. It was a simple note telling me that group buys are done through sponsors.

Look, I sincerely appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining this site and that it is a privilege for me to be able to use it for free. I also understand that it is your site so you get to make any rules and policies that you want. So now that I think I understand this rule, let me respectfully ask you a simple question.

Would it be OK to post the following thread?

“If ACME Motorcycle Parts were to agree to become a sponsor on this forum and agree to give HD Forum members a discount of 20%, would any of you be interested in purchasing their products?

Sincerely & Respectfully, Scubadog

Old 12-28-2008, 05:08 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Again, another one with nothing constructive to say but guys like you do what you do best I guess...
And your constant brown noising is getting old yet you do it so well. Let the moderators take care of this site. They don't need you to admonish others for possible rule infractions. Mind your business.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J & S Jack