Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Dakota Digital Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
cropsure
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed these about a month ago. I love them. You CAN set your odometer. It has to be done within the first 100 miles of use though. Another new feature is that they give cylender head temp reading. Great product.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Dakota Digital Gauges?-dsc00209.jpg  
Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any on my bike, but I had a Dakota Digital Cylinder Head Temperature gauge on my '78 VW bus and I loved it. Expensive, but definitely worth it

Old 09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
julesdain
Road Captain

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

You CAN set your odometer
Is this explained in the instructions because as mentioned before in this thread the FAQ on the DD website clearly states that it must be done at the factory.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by julesdain
Is this explained in the instructions because as mentioned before in this thread the FAQ on the DD website clearly states that it must be done at the factory.
THE NEW ONES CAN BE SET TO YOUR ORIGINAL MILES BEFORE THE FIRST 100 MILES ON THE DAKOTA GAUGES, AFTER THAT THEY CAN'T BE CHANGED.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Cons, so over priced it makes me want to puke!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
julesdain
Road Captain

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Cons, so over priced it makes me want to puke!!!
Yes the $1200 price tag is rather high. Mind you I have found a set on E-Bay that is $885 which I would say is a more reasonable price. If DD were to bring their prices down they would move more units and I'm sure make a bigger profit in the long run rather than holding out with the $1200. Just my 2Cents

Old 09-24-2009, 07:26 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

Those look great and on my wish list as well but would like to find a good american made radio in blue to go with them.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Anybody have problems with the tach signal interferring with the speedometer? I've used two different power sources, re-routed the gray and ground....still getting the same issue.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 AM
dwireman
Novice

I just installed mine last week. The Dakota Digital gauges has a user method of setting the odometer to the correct milage from your original gauge, but you have to do it within the first 100 miles

odoMK Odometer preset
The odometer can be preset by the customer within the first 100 miles. Once the odometer has more than 100 miles the
menu option will no longer be displayed. Make sure you have correctly selected the units to be either MPH or km/h first. The
odometer will be set in the selected units. Once you have preset the miles you cannot change it again. WARNING!!: This only
allows setting odometer to the nearest mile. Do not use tenths! For example a mileage of 65432.1 should be set to
“065432” using this method. If the tenths digit is used, the odometer will read 10 times too high.
· Press and release the switch until “-odoMK” is displayed, then press and hold the switch until “ - ” is displayed.
· The current miles will be displayed with the left most digit flashing.
· Press and release the switch to increment the digit. Press and hold the switch to move to the next digit to the right.
· Continue until the right most digit has been set. Press and hold the switch and the speed display will show “No”.
· Press and hold the switch while “no” is displayed to go back and continue changing the odometer display. Turn the key off to
cancel any changes.
· Press and release the switch to change to speed display to “yes”. Press and hold the switch while “yes” is displayed to save the
current odometer reading.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

I used them in a hot rod 20 years ago, they look sooooo dated now. Didnt hold up, after about 10 years different guages quit working. Wouldnt ever use them again, needle sweep gauges look so much better!

Quick Reply: Anyone using Dakota Digital Gauges?