Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks Flare Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Klock Werks Flare Windshield

Was thinking about getting one of these for my 05 FLHT. I know they were originally designed for the Road Glide. Do they really provide a better wind pocket for the rider and improve front end handling at high speeds on a batwing fairing? They sure do look cool, but they're not cheap either. Then again most good products aren't.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:58 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have one.
Don't much care for it, but I'm in the minority of other forum members that have it.
It does stop the buffeting.
It's the wind noise that drives me insane.

I wouldn't say "dont buy it"...it's just not my liking.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Heathen
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine,Im 6'4''keeps wind to a tolerable level....been meaning to tell you Bad Piggy, thats one nice scoot.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 AM
D34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have enough ride time on mine yet to formulate a solid opinion on performance. It does look pretty cool. I have been thinking about getting a Clearview 8 or 9.5" for back up. Need to go out to the garage and do some measuring.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:50 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs down

I liked the look so I ordered one. It stayed on my bike for one ride - just long enough for me to get back home to take it off. Looked great and the air was smoother but at a couple of speeds it generated a turbulence/vibration that instantly gave me a headache. It was bery bad at 45 and 60 - two speeds that I ride at constantly. I think the vibration was a result of how thin the shield was. I am 6'1" and the vibration came form the wind hitting the top of my helmet. If it was a couple of inches taller, I would have one. I went with the clearview 8.5" recurve instead. Works great.

I called Klockwerks and email them asking about it but no response so I sold it on ebay.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:18 PM
molsen
Road Master

I really it depends on your height and how it hits ya. I really think it was designed for shorter people, for Lara Klock of tghe WFB. I have one on my RG and I like how it hits me. I get enough protectionfor buffeting, yet I still get my face in the air, and I like that. I am 6'5" btw.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:44 PM
BanjoBill
Cruiser

I've got one on my SG works perfect for me, I'm 5'7" and it clears the air just right. Maybe you can fine someone with one and give it a test ride. Like you said their not cheap.

......Bill

Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by molsen
I really it depends on your height and how it hits ya. I really think it was designed for shorter people, for Lara Klock of tghe WFB. I have one on my RG and I like how it hits me. I get enough protectionfor buffeting, yet I still get my face in the air, and I like that. I am 6'5" btw.
I've got one on my RG too. The more I ride w/ it on, the more I like it. Went 300 miles today - ear plugs do help w/ the added wind noise. I'm 6'3"...

Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
beracing
Cruiser

I'm reading the wind noise is increased by several of the post. Is it due to your position being above the windshield more than other windshields? Also, they do offer a taller version, I believe which may help with wind noise, no???

Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
flhtupser
Tourer

Tried one on my Ultra. Will not work with windsheild bags and did not block wind at all. I had 6.5". I got a halfmoon wing 9.5" and it's the *^&%. You can google halfmoon wing to check it out.They are great people to work with and less than half the cost for the sheild.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Klock Werks Flare Windshield