Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Reverse Kit
Installed it already.
4.69%
Thinking about installing one.
95.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reverse Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 PM
DJFireUSA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we change this thread to who has the best price on a reverse setup? I think 11 pages of if it's a good or bad thing is enough.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

All the bad *** bikers need not reply....

I'd take one in a NY minute..been in several places wher reverse would be sweet!
I've owned 4 Wings with reverse, that is an accessory that I used a lot. Sand, gravel, pulling a trailer....came in real handy.

Sure, I can back up the SG most of the time, but every once and a while you can get into a place or situation that the reverse would be needed....

If Harley starts adding them to the touring bikes I'll have to consider a trade...

Also owned a 2010 Tri Glide and reverse was nice to have!

I hope HD makes this an option for us...

Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Tom Hudson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper

I'd take one in a NY minute..been in several places wher reverse would be sweet!
I've owned 4 Wings with reverse, that is an accessory that I used a lot. Sand, gravel, pulling a trailer....came in real handy.

Sure, I can back up the SG most of the time, but every once and a while you can get into a place or situation that the reverse would be needed....

If Harley starts adding them to the touring bikes I'll have to consider a trade...

Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 AM
VA_Grumpy_Biker
Cruiser

Just purchased an 07 Ultra. Like others have said these bikes are heavy and pain to push backward and my legs aren't as strong as they used to be. I just had a Baker reverse installed. NOTE Baker kit is NOT cheap. I think it is the most expensive of the kits on the market. Plus installation is MUCH MORE involved that other kits. You have to take the transmission gears out of the case and use a 20ton press to change one of the gears on the idler shaft. the other nice thing about Baker is the engagement is controled via an electrical solenoid verse having to reach down over or around the rear exhaust pipe. My cost to install was $2,500 for the Baker Kit and $1,500 for the installation.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Casper

You'll get no arguments from me.

Isn't the reverse on the Tri Glide an option, or is it standard equipment? I seem to remember reading it was an option somewhere but can't remember exactly. On a trike, I'd think reverse would be pretty much mandatory but either way, if Harley can offer it on the trike, there's no reason they can't offer it on the two wheelers too.

Just wondering!
Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
DJFireUSA
Cruiser

Who elser offers a reverse kit besides baker?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM
DJFireUSA
Cruiser

Broke down and called "The Trike Shop" in Daytona Beach, FL. Took about a week to research and get all the parts needed.

Bike's going down there this week to have reverse and a hydraulic clutch setup installed. She's going to run me less than $3,000 for everything!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
nyarltep
Intermediate

I am getting the Baker FR6 reverse put in my 06 Dyna later this week. Should make parking with the sidecar much easier. Getting in and out of spots is tough sometimes on three wheels.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by nyarltep
I am getting the Baker FR6 reverse put in my 06 Dyna later this week. Should make parking with the sidecar much easier. Getting in and out of spots is tough sometimes on three wheels.
I'd say that should make it a lot easier!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Personally, I'm waiting for the '13 Harleys to come out. If there's no reverse gear option, I'm gettin' a Goldwing. At 63, I'm too old to be bustin' my *** to get a 900+ lb. bike backed up. Screw that!

IMO, the MOCO should have offered a reverse gear option long ago.

That's just me though. to each his own.

Quick Reply: Reverse Gear?