Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

back home

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool back home

well i just got home after my neck surgery. doc said all went well and i don't even have a neck brace. off work 2 weeks with no driving and most likely off the bike about 8-10 weeks. sooner than i thought but the neuro. said not to get too excited. he and i want to wait and see and not get fe and think about me. i'll be back on the road with ya before too long. it will be awesome with no numbness, etc...me too anxious. gave me this weird neck deal that looks kinda like a backwards hahns device. it puts out negative ions or something and is supposed to speed up the healing and fusion. have a titanium plate screwed in front where they took the 2 discs out. wonder if i stuck a magnet up there...just kidding. ya'll ride sa

Old 02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
09RKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neck and back surgery... boy those are two scary things. Glad you're ok. Don't push it (like I did when they tore open my shoulders). The bike isn't going anywhere, the roads aren't going anywhere. I say all this when I myself have zero patience . Welcome home!!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default memphis

Originally Posted by 09RKC
Neck and back surgery... boy those are two scary things. Glad you're ok. Don't push it (like I did when they tore open my shoulders). The bike isn't going anywhere, the roads aren't going anywhere. I say all this when I myself have zero patience . Welcome home!!
memphis, one of my favorite towns. great food and music. get some of those rondevous ribs for me>>>>

Old 02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres to a speedy recovery

Old 02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
The_Nothing_Man
Cruiser

That's good news....Good luck to you!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:18 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
well i just got home after my neck surgery. doc said all went well and i don't even have a neck brace. off work 2 weeks with no driving and most likely off the bike about 8-10 weeks. sooner than i thought but the neuro. said not to get too excited. he and i want to wait and see and not get fe and think about me. i'll be back on the road with ya before too long. it will be awesome with no numbness, etc...me too anxious. gave me this weird neck deal that looks kinda like a backwards hahns device. it puts out negative ions or something and is supposed to speed up the healing and fusion. have a titanium plate screwed in front where they took the 2 discs out. wonder if i stuck a magnet up there...just kidding. ya'll ride sa
Hey sparky glad to hear your voice again.LOL I told you it was a piece of cake, the easy part is done now the hard part is here the DAMN WAITING GAME HAS BEGUN. just relax do what the doc says and you'll be doing wheelies before you know it. take care

Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Phast Lap
Tourer
Smile

Titanium is non-magnetic

Old 02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

SPARKY1, glad you're OK. I had the same thing done back in 01. They put a titanium plate in front with 6 screws, along with a bone on each side from a cadavor. As the Doc. said, DON'T RUSH IT. I can't stress that enough. My younger brother had it done 2 years before I did, his was an accident. He tried to be heman and went back to work as a carpenter too soon. He has had headaches ever since. Myself, I run and play with the Grandkids. We both had the same Dr. As she said to me, let the bones heal first, then the rest will come later. It worked for me.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

I will hope for a speedy recovery for you. Be a good boy and let it heal up.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

Glad it went well bro. Take yer pain meds cuz if you jest stop... oh whoo... ask me how I know about that one. I had the same procedure done.. after ya run out of percocets at months end... you will be hunting a refill. The pain from the procedure will go away but just watch what you do.

Quick Reply: back home