Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 FLHTCUI Idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried stock, Xied's and a PCIII on my '07 and of all three, the PCIII runs the best, but it took me a while to get a decent map. I tried Xied's for a couple of weeks but the mileage took a huge dump to about 32 and the bike wasn't as responsive as it is with the PCIII. I also got some detonation with the Xied's, but that was on an 85+ degree day. No detonation whatsoever on the PCIII and my mileage is about 38 or 39 depending on how hard I ride it.

I have an intermittent low idle issue but that is due to my IAC valve I believe - I just need to get off my a$$ and change it but I get lazy because it only happens every once in a while.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:33 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by sargek
I have tried stock, Xied's and a PCIII on my '07 and of all three, the PCIII runs the best, but it took me a while to get a decent map. I tried Xied's for a couple of weeks but the mileage took a huge dump to about 32 and the bike wasn't as responsive as it is with the PCIII. I also got some detonation with the Xied's, but that was on an 85+ degree day. No detonation whatsoever on the PCIII and my mileage is about 38 or 39 depending on how hard I ride it.

I have an intermittent low idle issue but that is due to my IAC valve I believe - I just need to get off my a$$ and change it but I get lazy because it only happens every once in a while.
If it's a low idle issue just clean the IAC. If it's high idle it might be the TPS.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Ah, idle problems with '07s again. I just chased this one down myself, along with a random misfire, on my bike last June after a year of dancing around various ideas. I would first read the TT410 (Tech Tip) and check the throttle stop screw. Email me here and I'll send it to you. (Not a throttle-stop screw but the TT.) Are you throwing any codes?

If this doesn't help I would look into the following other steps and possibilities:

1. Clean IAC orifice.
2. Replace IAC motor
3. Replace TPS
4. Check in-tank high-pressure hoses and/or fuel-pressure regulator for leakage. Replace as necessary.

Since I also had a misfire that would occur every so often, then go away sometimes for months, I also changed plugs (three times) and plug wires. Items above didn't help, but changing the TPS did after the condition worsened and started throwing codes. My idle issue was a high idle, usually happening when cold. A restart would usually correct.

#1 AP, Harris, Coaches, BCS, etc. (at the moment)

Last edited by iclick; 11-11-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:29 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

*** Deleting unnecessary post ***

Last edited by iclick; 11-11-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:31 AM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't mean to hijack this thread - I've read your thread on the IAC valve ('07 idle issues) iClick, thanks, that was very informative. I have cleaned my IAC valve a couple of times already and the problem had re-occurred only once or twice since the last cleaning, and only for a short period of time, like 10 minutes. The problem is a low idle, not high idle.

Does replacing the IAC valve cure the low idle? You mentioned the iAC motor, but I thought the issue with this problem was the valve getting gunked up from deposits. Does the valve and motor come as a complete assembly?