Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone runnin a fairing bra on roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 AM
donutsrd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default anyone runnin a fairing bra on roadglide

thinkin af a fairing bra 4 roadglide(01)just wonderin how it is installed.rom pics i can see well nuts and turn signal mounts secure it but what about along the lip where inner and outer fairing meet?anyone runnin or install one?any help appreciated.n0te: 2 of my screws by cig lighter holding inner/oter fairng together stripped.thetre holdin but wonderin if bra will cause problem.l

Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 AM
sportsterleroy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a bra on the cheap at ebay and installed it when I rode to Alaska in 2007. Heard about the wear and tear from the roads up there. I had my fairing off and installed b4 putting it back on.

Did it help, very much so , was it a pain to install not really the clips fit between the inner and outer shells of the fairing and the top was secured by the wellnuts of the windshield. I waxed the fairing b4 install and no rub marks or fade of the paint.

About the screw holes stripped out AFAIK they have different lengths and so install in a select hole . I think I have it marked in the service manual where which goes.

Sportsterleroy

Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I bought one but never put it on because I like to change the look frequently and it would have been too much work to take it on and off for me and for the reasons you mentioned. It is for sale if youre interested.
BTW, I heard of a repair for stripped holes. Get some ABS pipe at your hardware store and sone acetone, peel some shavings into a cup and add some acetone, mix it up, its supposed to fill the hole up and just drill it and reinsert the screws. I would try this on the bench before I jumped right into the fairing. I would think abs glue would work too.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master

A trick on the screws. I thought i had sttripped the lower left side screw on my 09. The bike was brand new and i was freaking. Someone posted that of the 6 screws that hold the fairing on, 2 are just a little longer and those 2 are for the lower 2 holes. One per each side. Check and make sure you are using the longer of the screws.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
donutsrd
Cruiser

bump to the top