Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hit a deer!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
mkbrower
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I hit a deer!!!

Well if finally happened, my biggest fear of riding has always been animals and last night I had a deer run right out in front of me. It happened so quick I never got to the brakes. I hit him at around 50mph dead center. I had always wondered, if I hit deer would I be able to keep the bike up. The answer is no! The bike hit the pavement faster than I could think "Oh Crap! Once on the pavement, I started sliding and then tumbling. It was ground ,stars, ground, stars etc. I didn't think I was ever going to stop. All this time I was hearing my bike tumbling along the road. When I finally stopped, I quickly realized I was still in the road. I don't know exactly how I knew which way to roll (my head was still spinning) but I managed to roll into the ditch. While lying in the ditch taking a inventory of my injuries, a man walked up and assured me a ambulance was on the way and try not to move. After about a minute I knew I only had minor injuries and that I needed to get off the side of the road. I was fortunate that I wrecked in the mans front yard. He said it was so loud that he thought someone was breaking into the house. I am very sore but all right. I am glad I had most of my protective gear on. My jacket and gloves looks like they battled a tiger. They're nothing but ribbons of leather and fabric left. I had my half helmet on and it has one big road gouge in the forehead. The steel toe boots I was wearing had no leather around the toes and the shoe laces were gone. One more thing, I was 1/2 mile from home.

Mark

Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
PA Ultra
Novice

That really stinks, but glad to hear you're OK. How did your bike fare? I really wish the various game commisions would take this problem seriously and execute ALL of the darn forest rats.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 PM
bazam9s
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey bro..glad your alright. The bike can be replaced. You are one lucky son a bitch not to be hurt more. That's a big hit. Relax, take it easy and go to church Sunday.

again I'm glad your okay.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

Glad to hear you are ok.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Adacas
Cruiser

Glad to hear your ok. Too many of those dam! things around here too.

c50plus
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, sorry to hear you went down. Glad to hear that it was not worse. Thanks for sharing the details since it helps me realize I need to wear protection more often.
Hope your recovery is fast. How fast were you going? How is the bike?

rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cant believe you're collected enough to be writing about it here. I hope you're okay and it's not just the adrenaline talking. At the very least you're gonna be sore for awhile. The bike will get fixed or totaled but at least you're okay. Must have scared the @##$ out of you. Just heal and the rest will take care of itself. Good luck buddy.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
alame
Tourer

and that was with the 09 UC ? yes just glad that you can still get up and walk around

mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You should buy a lottery ticket. I know you had a bad wreck, bbut you walked away with minor injuries after hitting a deer at 50 MPH? You are very lucky.

Glad to hear you are ok!

glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 995 Likes on 326 Posts

them dang things pop out of nowhere. Glad you're around to tell the story. Hope all goes well with recovery, you and your bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I hit a deer!!!