Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX toupack problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 AM
1mcrider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FLHX toupack problem

Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so what is the fix?? I have just installed a king tourpack on my streetglide with the quick disconnect hardware. My problem is with the backrest on the tourpack. It is the backrest that matches the seat on the streetglide. When I mount the backrest to the tourpack it does not fit like it should to the tourpack lid. It leaves about a 1 inch gap between the backrest pad and the tourpack lid. I talked to a hd parts mgr. and he happened to have the same thing that they were working on for a customer. It had the same problem. I have tried every thing including drilling the brackets on the backrest and it has helped some but I stll have a little gap. any suggestions?????????

Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I remember it was the same way on mine. I lived with it. Assumed that was the way it was supposed to be.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:59 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

I think its suppose to be like that,Mine is same and i THINK its so it doesn't rub and also EZ cleaning???.... Good Luck..R.W.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
iunlocku
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Different Problem with 2006 FHLX Tour Pak

I don't know if I have the problem with the seat not going back flush against the tour pack. If it does not sit flush its uniform to the point I don't notice it.

The problem I'm having is after installing the detachable hardware and pak every thing works fine can take it off and on with easy. After I installed the detachable lock now I have to loosen the bolt that hold the mount were the lock is to remove or install the Pak. It appears that he lock is to thick for the mounting post. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thank you.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has the same gap, I just ignored it. Thought they are all that way.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
falbound5
Intermediate

I have the same gap, looks like the way it was engineered. No problems with it

Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
QSRYDR
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same gap on my 09 FLHX.
Service manager told me it's because the backrest is a one piece style. The factory backrests are two piece style and the top part fits closer to the tour-pak lid.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Lowridin packer
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a comfort stitch backrest on my 09 king tour pak and there is no gap. kind of strange they would leave a gap.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
jeg1
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by iunlocku
I don't know if I have the problem with the seat not going back flush against the tour pack. If it does not sit flush its uniform to the point I don't notice it.

The problem I'm having is after installing the detachable hardware and pak every thing works fine can take it off and on with easy. After I installed the detachable lock now I have to loosen the bolt that hold the mount were the lock is to remove or install the Pak. It appears that he lock is to thick for the mounting post. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thank you.
I installed a King Tour Pack this weekend and fought the detachable lock also,ended up not using it. I put a Smooth sundowner seet on mine cause the passanger pillion was a little wider [no she doesn't have a big ***]so i got the smooth passanger backrest and no gap.

Attached Thumbnails FLHX toupack problem-img_0018.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
ovalracer
6th Gear

Just installed King Tour Pak on 08' FLHX.Had the gap but its uniform so figured it was supposed to be there. I had no problems with the detachable lock. If it's installed on the left inside of the Tour Pak rack which I assume it is I recalled having to change the spring washer on the rack side of the pivot shaft and replace it with the flat washer supplied. If you didn't do that then it would force the latch too far inboard on the docking point.If you didn't change the washer that,s what I would check first.

Quick Reply: FLHX toupack problem