Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which system do you have, and are you happy with it ??
Hawg Wired System
10.92%
Hog Tunes System
44.83%
Arc Audio system
20.69%
Custom Built System
23.56%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Stereo Upgrade Poll !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:06 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stereo Upgrade Poll !!

Hi Guys !

All of the stereo talk has my head spinning worse than before I thought I needed an upgrade. I am putting up a poll, to see what systems everyone has. After voting, a short sentence or 2 , praising or cursing your set-up would be appreciated.

What head unit, amp & wattage , speakers, etc ??

Thanks to all the guys on the forum for their services, sales & expertise !!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It seems as if a LOT of guys are on the fence , and about to pull the trigger on a major stereo system upgrade.

Last edited by GLACIERPEARL; 03-13-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Stock HK with ARC 125.2 Mini and four Arc 5026 speakers.The system sounds a lot better but the HK radio IMO could have better reception.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:11 AM
hollywoodultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was following your last post and I had to agree about the "head spinning" but now there comes a point where you just have to make a decission and go with it. I currently have the sony ipod compatable deck from Biketronics and the hogtunes speakers. I am purchasing the Arc mini amp and Arc 6.5" coaxial speakers from AaronOrgeon, after speaking with him on the phone it all made sense.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:11 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Voted, have the Arc Audio Silver package. Very happy with it. Bought from Firecap here on the forums. Came with junkiest speaker wire I ever seen, simple fix to use my own quality wiring. I like surround sound when riding (front and back), and using the fader control really shows the junky quality of the rear stock speakers. So, I'll swap them out.

I recommend the ARC Audio system to those that can afford the cost and want to install an amp and replace stock speakers. Very impressed so far.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

I have the Arc mini amp and the 5025 speakers from Firecap.
I kept the HK radio because I still use my cb on trips.
Great system and customer service is tremendous.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 AM
iambill
Tourer

I cant vote yet because I have'nt made the upgrade yet. That being said, I read a thread on Hawg wired vs. Hogtunes. Most pple said that Hawg wired was a more powerful setup, and were really happy with it. BUT! $1,600 is WAY more that I am willing to spend, at more that 1/2 the price Hogtunes is the way I am leaning. I went for a ride yesterday, and was listening to tunes off of my zumo550 on the stock HK stereo. It is load enough at 70% volume. I just want better sound. So I am prob going to get the replacement fairing spkrs ( '08 ultra ) lower glove box spkrs and amp and the new dash tweeter.
Either way it is going to sound WAY better than stock, at half the price of Hawg wired.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:55 AM
fotoflojoe
Tourer

I have Hog Tunes (speakers only) in my Ultra. They're OK, but I really need to add an amp. Stock HK radio has too much distortion.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
motorted
Intermediate

I have my stock stereo and speakers in my Street Glide and I have no problem hearing it.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
milleda31
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I am considering the Arc Audio amp and speakers also. AaronOrgeon, are you in the Portland area?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
dredy2g
Tourer

I have a new setup but haven't installed yet. Alpine head unit and ipod hook up, 4 polk audio speakers in quadzilla fairing, 4ch kenwood amp going in right bag with 2 rockford fosgate 6 x 9 speakers.

Quick Reply: Stereo Upgrade Poll !!