Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V Problem 2008 FLHTCU Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
HogDawg08
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC-V Problem 2008 FLHTCU Help Needed

Installed a set of Monster Ovals, Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner and a PC-V also from Fuel Moto with maps for the combo pre-loaded. With the PC-V installed, the bike won't start and coughs back through the air cleaner. Unhook the PC-5, hooked the XIED's back up and the bike starts and runs fine. Any ideas? I checked the map and it's loaded for cylinders one and two. The ignition table is all zero's. Bike does have ABS, no downloads.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:21 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Why not give Jamie (@ Fuel Moto) the opportunity to help you out with this? He's been very fair with people on any of his products.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:05 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Double check all your connections. O2 Eliminators, PCV/ECM, and PCV/Main Harness. May want to use some dielectric grease on the connections too.
While you check your connections look for bent pins. Sometimes you can easily bend a pin while doing the installation and that will cause it not to make contact.

After checking contacts, try and start again. But hit the start button immediately after switching the run switch on. Other words, don't wait for the check engine light to go out.

Then if it still isn't right check the settings in the PCV software. Disable Startup Fuel, Accel Enrichment, Autotune, and all the other tools that you don't need. Try again. If still no luck then call Jamie. He'll hook you up. Let us know what you find out and we may be able to give you some more help.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 AM
navyman
Road Master

I thought the PC-V was only for the '09 bikes.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

Jamie offers a PCV Retrofit for pre-09's

Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 AM
HogDawg08
6th Gear

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Why not give Jamie (@ Fuel Moto) the opportunity to help you out with this? He's been very fair with people on any of his products.
I was planning on giving them a call on Monday if I didn't get it figured out this weekend. Just thought maybe I was doing something stupid or someone had a similar problem and quick advice. I've NEVER heard anything negative about Fuel Moto and I'm sure they will help. I did not mean to imply anything different if I did.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
HogDawg08
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Double check all your connections. O2 Eliminators, PCV/ECM, and PCV/Main Harness. May want to use some dielectric grease on the connections too.
While you check your connections look for bent pins. Sometimes you can easily bend a pin while doing the installation and that will cause it not to make contact.

After checking contacts, try and start again. But hit the start button immediately after switching the run switch on. Other words, don't wait for the check engine light to go out.

Then if it still isn't right check the settings in the PCV software. Disable Startup Fuel, Accel Enrichment, Autotune, and all the other tools that you don't need. Try again. If still no luck then call Jamie. He'll hook you up. Let us know what you find out and we may be able to give you some more help.
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it another shot this afternoon.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Keep us apprised...Just put one on my 07 FLHX with no problems

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed..

Old 03-15-2009, 12:59 PM
HogDawg08
6th Gear

I guess the 3rd times a charm as the saying goes. Went out today, reinstalled everything and it started right up. Only thing I did different was to do as 09StreetGlider suggested and hit the start button as soon as I turned the ignition on. No pins were bent so I'm not sure what the difference is. Wish I knew what I did different as I now worry about it cutting off in the future when on the road.

Sure is a tight install on an 08!

If only the rain would end so I could get a test run.......

Quick Reply: PC-V Problem 2008 FLHTCU Help Needed