Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sore butt

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sore butt

I have an 09 Ultra Classic with a stock seat. I recently installed a rider backrest which realy helps my lower back. The one problem is after about an hour riding, my butt starts to get sore. I would like to know what options I have, gel pads? Sheepskin cover? different seat? What have you all done to help?

Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM
hogginit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems that Mean City Cycles may have a fix for you, or next option, new seat.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought a sheepskin pad from www.Alaskaleather.com and tried it out for the first time today. My first impression was that it'll help me a bit but I also have a Mustang seat, which by itself is pretty comfortable. I don't know if it alone will help your problem but if you should decide to try one, this company appears to make a good product.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Meancitycycles.com. had them rework my seat to lower it and installed memory foam. the best $100.00 ive spent. I actually rode there and watched them do the work. Great bunch of guys. I live 30 minutes from the shop. I definitely recommended them, especially before spending $300 to $400.00 on a new seat.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:38 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same as you, almost an hour and I would start gettin real sore and Mean City Cycles cured my stock seat. I had him lower it 2 inches and fix the scoop and now I can go all day with no problem.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 AM
poppa cooter
Tourer

i dont own a road zepplin from harley but i did see one on a used bike on the showroom floor and if they were not so expensive i would have one cuz it looked like the most comfortable seat ever made, i wish i would have set on it, but i was scared that i would have broke out the old credit card and bought one if i had. i guess it has air pillows that blow up by pushing a button.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain

When you lean back on the rest all your weight goes to your ***. Same thing happened
when I had my Vulcan 1600. Its a trade off for being able to lean back, but you may be able to ride longer by removing the backrest for the 1st hour or so, then pop it back on for the return trip. My mustang pops in and out very easily. Good luck...

Old 03-16-2009, 06:58 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The sheepskin helped me. I think it was worth the investment. Its not a fix-all but part of the solution.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Tons of options out there. I personally went with Corbin as I've been riding them for years, and I'm very satisfied with how they work for "me"... If I were you however, I'd have Mean City rework your stock seat. I've heard nothing but great things about them. Another cheap option besides the sheepskin and gel, is the beads. There are tons of guys that have logged hundreds of thousands of miles on those little bead setups that just attach right over your stock seat. With the backrest, that might just answer the mail for ya... Good luck.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

Loose the seat... in general talk this past weekend over at the dealership I found that the 09's use the least amount and the cheapest foam known to man on the seats.... in other words: GARBAGE. I'd strongly suggest looking at Mustangs.

Quick Reply: sore butt