Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley® Hammock Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
willie37
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

They don't make the road zeplin seat for the 08-09 touring model so i drove a 100 miles round trip to sit on a Hammock seat. I did not like the looks of it and it was comfy for me buy my wife did not like her seating so we ordered a sundowner. We have a 09 Ultra and the stock seat is ok but i would like to be a little lower so we went with the sd.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 AM
corky77
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iron Butt

I bought a Root-Beer Ultra 3 1/2 months ago and I do love it. The Ultra replaced my Honda VTX1300R. I am 5'9" and I can barely place my full foot on the ground. My wife and I just returned from North Carolina. I could have used the Hammock. After 4 hours my butt needed replacement. I am wondering about the extra inch in height. Riding in Jax is not a problem. If the wife and I take more extended trips, I just may ned to spend the $500 for the butt therapy seat. I wonder...

Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM
krussell
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
It's worth it if it works! I do a lot of distance riding. I knew before I took delivery of my 09 Ultra that I'd probably be modding the seat. Now that I've got about 1300 miles on it, I know I'll be doing it eventually. I've had the Russell Day-Long Saddle conversion (www.day-long.com) on the last three bikes I've owned. They're absolutely first class. No fanny fungus for me on any of them. They're not cheap. I "wish" they were $500, , but I'll gladly pay it because I know I'll get a quality product that will last and work for me.

FWIW!
Ride Safe,
Steve R.
While the Day Long saddle is not $500, it's not much more. If you stick with vinyl you should be able to get out for as little $570. It's the options that get ya, like leather, a back rest, rain cover, etc. But comparing apples to apples, the basic Day Long seat is about $100 more than the Hammock. For that $100 you get a seat that is built specifically to fit you and your pillion. With the Hammock you get a seat that is a compromise designed to fit as many folks a possible. If you happen to match what HD engineers consider the typical rider, then the Hammock may work for you. I've heard good reports from a few folks that have them. On the other hand, they will make a Day Long saddle that you are happy with or they will buy it back as much as eight months after you bought it. Try returning your Hammock after a few months of riding.